Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An argument for why God would make himself known.
An argument for why God would make himself known.
Perhaps a reason why God if he exists would make himself known is so we don't entertain the possibility that he is evil.
RE: An argument for why God would make himself known.
God is not evil, Satan is! Full stop!
I think God would make himself known if he has a purpose for people which require that knowledge. However, given that he's God, he hasn't done a very good job of making his existence crystal clear. So at best, I'd argue he's a trickster God, or that he is shamelessly using us for experiments.

I think a non-personal Deist creator-God makes sense. I can even imagine God as a kind of mental universe of which each mind is a part. But a good God who fucks with us and make kids suffer-- not getting my vote for "good."
(October 28, 2014 at 10:12 pm)Christian Wrote: God is not evil, Satan is! Full stop!

And you know this how?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 28, 2014 at 10:12 pm)Christian Wrote: God is not evil, Satan is! Full stop!

Derpa derpa doooooo!

Full stop!

Then your biblical god must be Satan - because he is definitely evil. Full stop!
That makes no sense that question, there is no god and that's that.
Since God created everything and is omnipotent, Satan is God's sockpuppet. Full Stop (*)!

(*)entities discussed in this post may not exist.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(October 29, 2014 at 3:10 am)Alex K Wrote: Since God created everything and is omnipotent, Satan is God's sockpuppet. Full Stop (*)!

(*)entities discussed in this post may not exist.

Since he's a sock puppet, the mods should ban him.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I have no evidence that God or Satan are socks Undecided

God didn't last 11 days here, and Satan never posted. Meh.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Veridican Argument for the Existence of God The Veridican 14 1663 January 16, 2022 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The Argument Against God's Existence From God's Imperfect Choice Edwardo Piet 53 7972 June 4, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Objective Moral Values Argument AGAINST The Existence Of God Edwardo Piet 58 13679 May 2, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Why the vision argument is a very good one! Mystic 72 7704 April 22, 2018 at 12:11 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Berkeley's argument for the existence of God FlatAssembler 130 13045 April 1, 2018 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  A good argument for God's existence (long but worth it) Mystic 179 32615 October 26, 2017 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Is the self all that can be known to exist? Excited Penguin 132 15079 December 15, 2016 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  God sees - strongest argument for God..... Mystic 62 5748 November 3, 2016 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Breaking down the "God sees argument" Mystic 64 6522 November 3, 2016 at 3:59 am
Last Post: theologian
  Shia Islamic Argument for the existence of God TheMuslim 161 18348 May 29, 2016 at 3:10 am
Last Post: quip