Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone Listen!
Everyone Listen!
Many have labelled me as a troll or a poe for speaking my mind on this forum. Many have called for a ban.

Isn't AF a democracy? I think when Mr. Tiberius created this forum, free speech was the main driving force.

I am a true servant of Lord Jesus Christ and if that hurts you, then I will probably leave and never come back. My idea is not to preach about my Lord here but to merely share the truth with all fellow human beings and friends.
[Image: sad-crying-smiley-face.gif]
RE: Everyone Listen!
Dodgy
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(October 29, 2014 at 4:54 pm)Christian Wrote: Isn't AF a democracy?

Lol, no.

Listen, doesn't matter what you believe. If you go onto an online forum (or indeed in real life) you're going to eventually come up against someone who disagrees with you.

Now remember that you're a christian coming onto an atheist forum. Are the reactions really so surprising? Maybe look to the other theists that have been here for a long time and how they've grown a thick skin when it comes to sharing their beliefs.

Rule of thumb - don't want your beliefs criticised or called out? Don't share them, and certainly don't try and tell people that you're the only one that's right and everyone who disagrees with you is wrong 'just because'.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
I've yet to participate in a forum that was a democracy. It's a virtual place where you can post, if you follow the rules. Note: you and I didn't get to vote on the rules, the mods, or the staff. Just be glad that there are no taxes.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.

It really, super isn't. We reserve the right to remove whomever breaches our rules, or is a disruptive influence on the board. That's not to say we aren't welcoming, and if you weren't ticking off so many of the boxes that would label you a poe, we wouldn't have a problem with you. Consider that we have numerous christian members who have managed to post here for years without problems, and then examine your own behavior.

Because, see, when a new guy comes onto the boards with a super-obvious username, and proceeds to open thread after thread that basically seem to come out of the theist troll's greatest hits album, without ever truly responding in any meaningful way, all the while grandstanding as horrendously as possible...

That screams poe or troll, dude.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Christian, I don't mind when a religious people shares their perspective, rather I welcome it. But several of your recent threads look like simple troll threads rather than an attempt to have an earnest discussion.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I am not a new guy. I have been here for more than 2 years.
Come the fuck along.

you've been here for 2 years but posted hardly anything until the other day.

You may have lurked, posted every now and then, but you're hardly a member of the community.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(October 29, 2014 at 5:03 pm)Christian Wrote: I am not a new guy. I have been here for more than 2 years.

With more than a year's posting gap between September of last year and a couple of weeks ago. Then you came back and bombed the board.

No, it is not, nor was it ever.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Listen to my voice Foxaèr 5 746 July 18, 2017 at 11:39 am
Last Post: Regina
  As smart as Min is, he is going to leave because he realized they wouldn't listen. Foxaèr 53 5301 February 6, 2017 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Listen Up! ignoramus 13 1446 December 31, 2015 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet