Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scientific Debate: Why I assert that Darwin's theory of evolution is false
Scientific Debate: Why I assert that Darwin's theory of evolution is false
*Note: This is not a religious debate. This is a scientific debate about my opinion of Darwin's theory of evolution.

Most reasonable people agree on a few principles:
1. That everything has a beginning and an end.
2. That by observing repeatable occurrences the laws of physics are true.
3. That "universal logic" is applicable to determining facts (Example: I cannot exist and not exist simultaneously)

I hope that we can all agree that evolution and adaptation do exist in nature. All living creatures (animals and plants alike) can adapt to conditions over time. My argument is that Darwin's theory of evolution cannot be true because there has never been scientific proof of any one species adapting over time to be categorized as another species. Bacteria evolves into bacteria, fish evolve into fish, primates evolve into primates, etc.

Ok, I'll argue against my own statement above and say that species can evolve into other species. I'll say that humans evolved from an ape-like creature that evolved from a mammal that evolved from a reptile-like or amphibian-like creature (depending on if you believe that our origins are ocean based or land based) that evolved from bacteria that evolved from a single-cell organism. My issue with this is that 1. The single-cell organism would have had to have the ability to create itself. or 2. That organic life was created from inorganic materials. Both of these statements sound illogical because in order for something to be scientifically proven the conditions have to be tested and repeatable to be agreed upon as fact. As far as we know there is and has never been a new organism that created itself because that organism would first have to have the conscience to know that it is, in fact, creating itself. There has also never been any successful experiments that have proven that organic life can be created from inorganic materials.

[/font][/size]I look forward to everybody's opinion on this. Please don't use religion bashing or science bashing as the basis for your opinion because, honestly, you'll just come off as stupid.
RE: Scientific Debate: Why I assert that Darwin's theory of evolution is false
Why should we care about your opinion?

It is customary to introduce yourself before starting to beat dead horses again.
(November 1, 2014 at 3:16 am)Rob216 Wrote:

1) Darwinian evolution doesn't say anything about origin of life. The closest to that would be the theory of abiogenesis.
2) Species are the same organisms at different points on the evolutionary line such that one is incapable of producing offsprings with it's evolutionary predecessor.
3) It has been proven countless times. Google it yourself.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(November 1, 2014 at 3:31 am)Minimalist Wrote: Why should we care about your opinion?

It is customary to introduce yourself before starting to beat dead horses again.

Why would you belong to a forum website that debates these sort of topics if you didn't care about anyone else's opinions? Isn't the point of this to consider other people's point of views so that we can have meaningful debates?
So you are, in fact, not arguing against Darwinian evolution at all. You're aware of that, right? You're arguing that abiogenesis is impossible (where have I read that phrase before....), and I don't accept your argument for it. A self replicating molecule does not need to be conscious and goal oriented.

As far as your premises are concerned, I don't consider 1 to be so evident, and 2 sounds nonsensical, strangely worded at least.

Your line of argument in the beginning, which you later duscard: "A has not been proven scientifically, therefore A cannot be true" is not valid. But were you really going to deny speciation?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

It's 3:30am where I'm at, so I could be way off, but right off the bat there seems to be some confusion between the distinctions of organic chemistry and basic chemistry, and how each applies to life and non-life.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(November 1, 2014 at 3:32 am)Aoi Magi Wrote:
(November 1, 2014 at 3:16 am)Rob216 Wrote: *Note: This is not a religious debate. This is a scientific debate about my opinion of Darwin's theory of evolution.

Most reasonable people agree on a few principles:
1. That everything has a beginning and an end.
2. That by observing repeatable occurrences the laws of physics are true.
3. That "universal logic" is applicable to determining facts (Example: I cannot exist and not exist simultaneously)

I hope that we can all agree that evolution and adaptation do exist in nature. All living creatures (animals and plants alike) can adapt to conditions over time. My argument is that Darwin's theory of evolution cannot be true because there has never been scientific proof of any one species adapting over time to be categorized as another species. Bacteria evolves into bacteria, fish evolve into fish, primates evolve into primates, etc.

Ok, I'll argue against my own statement above and say that species can evolve into other species. I'll say that humans evolved from an ape-like creature that evolved from a mammal that evolved from a reptile-like or amphibian-like creature (depending on if you believe that our origins are ocean based or land based) that evolved from bacteria that evolved from a single-cell organism. My issue with this is that 1. The single-cell organism would have had to have the ability to create itself. or 2. That organic life was created from inorganic materials. Both of these statements sound illogical because in order for something to be scientifically proven the conditions have to be tested and repeatable to be agreed upon as fact. As far as we know there is and has never been a new organism that created itself because that organism would first have to have the conscience to know that it is, in fact, creating itself. There has also never been any successful experiments that have proven that organic life can be created from inorganic materials.

[/font][/size]I look forward to everybody's opinion on this. Please don't use religion bashing or science bashing as the basis for your opinion because, honestly, you'll just come off as stupid.

1) Darwinian evolution doesn't say anything about origin of life. The closest to that would be the theory of abiogenesis.
2) Species are the same organism at different points on the evolutionary line such that one is incapable of producing offsprings with it's evolutionary predecessor.
3) It has been proven countless times. Google it yourself.

I am aware that Darwin's theory of evolution doesn't say anything about the origin of life. I do think, however, that it is important to consider the origin of life when we talk about evolution because how can we give validity to it without a starting point?

Addressing your 2nd point, I agree with what you said. The issue I have with it is that there is not (at least to my knowledge) any particular animal that has gone through the drastic biological changes that have occurred in the homosapien lineage. For example, it is said that the great white shark may have evolved from the megalodon which existed approximately 28 to 1.5 million years ago which is much longer than the 100,000 to 250,000 years that homosapiens are said to have existed. But the great white shark is basically the same thing as the megalodon except for its' size. I would just think that something that has had so much more time to evolve would show more drastic signs of said evolution.
Quote:The issue I have with it is that there is not (at least to my knowledge) any particular animal that has gone through the drastic biological changes that have occurred in the homosapien lineage.
Whales???

You just quoted one of the animal lineages with the smallest superficial change, that's not an argument, that's just bias.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Bah! To clear up what I mean- You seem to be equating anything that is organic as life, and anything that is not life as not organic (carbon based). Amino acids, for instance, are mainly composed of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen. Amino acids are not organic life (or just life) but they are organic material.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(November 1, 2014 at 3:38 am)Alex K Wrote: So you are, in fact, not arguing against Darwinian evolution at all. You're aware of that, right? You're arguing that abiogenesis is impossible (where have I read that phrase before....), and I don't accept your argument for it. A self replicating molecule does not need to be conscious and goal oriented.

As far as your premises are concerned, I don't consider 1 to be so evident, and 2 sounds nonsensical, strangely worded at least.

Your line of argument in the beginning, which you later duscard: "A has not been proven scientifically, therefore A cannot be true" is not valid. But were you really going to deny speciation?

I'm sorry if I made it seem like I was arguing that a self-replicationg molecule needs to be conscious and goal oriented. That's not what I meant. I was simply referring to the origin of that single molecule and how the molecule came into existence in the first place.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do the religious hate evolution? WinterHold 20 2108 February 18, 2019 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Theory of Evolution, Atheism, and Homophobia. RayOfLight 31 4946 October 25, 2017 at 9:24 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Panspermia theory? mediocrates 28 4957 May 24, 2017 at 9:05 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Heated debate on evolution with brother MyelinSheath 182 42779 May 7, 2017 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Test My Theory: Macro evolution DOES happen? Gawdzilla Sama 44 12840 December 20, 2016 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Giulio Tononi's Theory of Consciousness Jehanne 11 3311 September 18, 2016 at 6:38 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Darwin's Voyage on the Beagle, droll dramatization Alex K 2 823 September 17, 2016 at 9:45 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Why Debate a Teenager? Goosebump 16 3789 April 25, 2016 at 11:10 am
Last Post: Aegon
  The simple body test that proves the theory of evolution TubbyTubby 17 2718 March 22, 2016 at 5:50 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Nature: Does evolutionary theory need a rethink? Dolorian 10 4050 October 12, 2014 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Chas