Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Words
Two Words
For my fellow Americans on the eve of our mid term elections, I have two words to consider:

President Boener.

The GOP will impeach if they can. They're already talking about it.

President Boener.

Do you like the sound of that?

Maybe "President Cruz" if they can get enough Tea Baggers in the House.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: Two Words
You forgot, first its President Biden.
(November 3, 2014 at 11:01 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You forgot, first its President Biden.

No, they won't forget to include him on impeachment proceedings.
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
Was there a funeral he forgot to attend?
(November 4, 2014 at 1:04 am)Minimalist Wrote: Was there a funeral he forgot to attend?

They'll find something.

One Republican, I forget his name, was honest enough to say "The hard part is getting the votes. Coming up with a reason is the easy part."

I'm putting my money on Biden being an accomplice to whatever Obama did wrong with Benghazi.
All I can say is: vote.
The Republicans would be foolish to try impeachment -- following on the historical heels of their pursuit of Clinton, it would reinforce in the polity's mind that they are willing to use the machinery of government for partisan goals, even to the point of overturning the will of the voters; and especially now, with their power base of white voters becoming smaller, they simply have to court minorities. Fabricating a case against the first minority President in our history would destroy, perhaps permanently, any possibility of them overcoming the perception of being a racist party. Demographics being what they are, that would be fatal to the GOP.

(November 4, 2014 at 9:16 am)Parkers Tan Wrote: The Republicans would be foolish to try impeachment ...

OK, let's take a moment to figure out what's wrong with your predictive reasoning.

Never say the Republicans wouldn't ever dare go so far.

They always do. And then they go further. And there's never any accountability so there's no reason why they won't.

Did anyone hold them accountable when they lied us into a war in Iraq?

Did anyone hold them accountable when they crashed the economy?

Is anyone holding them accountable for the fact that they almost fucking destroyed the whole country a year ago?
(November 3, 2014 at 10:19 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: For my fellow Americans on the eve of our mid term elections, I have two words to consider:

President Boener.

Oh come on. Clinton's been out of office forever. Leave the poor bastard and his boners out of this.

(November 4, 2014 at 4:28 am)rexbeccarox Wrote: All I can say is: vote.

I did. Nailed it. Now I'll skip past the line at the polling place to drop off my mail-in ballot.
(November 4, 2014 at 9:42 am)DeistPaladin Wrote:
(November 4, 2014 at 9:16 am)Parkers Tan Wrote: The Republicans would be foolish to try impeachment ...

OK, let's take a moment to figure out what's wrong with your predictive reasoning.

Never say the Republicans wouldn't ever dare go so far.

They always do. And then they go further. And there's never any accountability so there's no reason why they won't.

Did anyone hold them accountable when they lied us into a war in Iraq?

Did anyone hold them accountable when they crashed the economy?

Is anyone holding them accountable for the fact that they almost fucking destroyed the whole country a year ago?

Except, I didn't predict their behavior. I said they would be foolish to pursue impeachment. I don't know whether or not they will. If they do, I should think a Democrat would be delighted, becuase it would give a massive oppening for charges of racism, which would likely cost Republicans much support amongst younger voters.

When your current power-base is dying off, it's pretty important to cultivate a new one, in politics.

As for accountability in politics, I'd argue that we Americans let politicians from both parties get away with shit that they have no business trying. However, when it comes to counting up votes, politicians from both parties will listen to their consultants, who are going to be saying what I've just written, more or less.

So, I don't think the Republicans will launch a drive to impeach; but if they do (which I ackowledge is possible), any possible victory would be Pyrrhic, and that should please their opponents. It would please me to see them laughed off the ballots. How about you?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2424 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  Big Two G2 USA and China Interaktive 19 1287 May 17, 2021 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Saudi Arabia: the King has Alzehimer; forgetting words in front of camera WinterHold 27 2368 February 28, 2019 at 6:37 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Two Old Pros - Doing Their Thing Minimalist 8 1041 November 28, 2018 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Two minutes to midnight Jackalope 2 562 January 26, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Sure - But These Two Phony Cunts Were Fine With the Pussygrabber Minimalist 7 1009 July 31, 2017 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: ComradeMeow
  Paul Ryan Wants To Move Back To His Two True Loves. Minimalist 16 2961 July 30, 2017 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Bill Maher Discusses The Lesser of Two Evils Minimalist 31 8357 May 8, 2017 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Madonna Steals Two More African Children From Malawi Fred Hampton 67 7111 March 26, 2017 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Trump summons final two SCOTUS nominees Cecelia 23 3269 February 3, 2017 at 1:22 am
Last Post: vorlon13