Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone want to debate this formally with me?
Anyone want to debate this formally with me?
Anyone want to debate formally in the debate section with me.

What I want to prove:

Belief in God cannot be proven to be irrational.
RE: Anyone want to debate this formally with me?
(November 4, 2014 at 12:13 am)MysticKnight Wrote: Anyone want to debate formally in the debate section with me.

What I want to prove:

yes it is for a very good reason the belief in any god that has a bible that says you should kill for any reason is not a god worth believing in. though i can't say it is all bad some people need that fake god or a false one to get them through hard times. but people should not be following any biblical teachings that is six thousand years old saying god is real. Its just a bronze age way of controlling people saying you have sin jesus can clean you and your plebeian filth and sin. so god cannot be proven ration because you have people saying to other people you are going to hell. why say that its threatening and its powered by fear of the unknown and the irrational belief in god.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
First of all you have to prove there is a god, then you can bring being irrational or not into the argument.
(November 4, 2014 at 12:29 am)psychoslice Wrote: First of all you have to prove there is a god, then you can bring being irrational or not into the argument.

I'm not going to be trying to prove faith in God is not irrational, I am going to be simply arguing it cannot be proven to be irrational. There is an important distinction.
(November 4, 2014 at 12:35 am)MysticKnight Wrote:
(November 4, 2014 at 12:29 am)psychoslice Wrote: First of all you have to prove there is a god, then you can bring being irrational or not into the argument.

I'm not going to be trying to prove faith in God is not irrational, I am going to be simply arguing it cannot be proven to be irrational. There is an important distinction.

But that's a childish way of looking at it, how can anyone say your irrational or not, if there is no proof either way of what you are irrational or not with your argument.
(November 4, 2014 at 12:54 am)psychoslice Wrote:
(November 4, 2014 at 12:35 am)MysticKnight Wrote: I'm not going to be trying to prove faith in God is not irrational, I am going to be simply arguing it cannot be proven to be irrational. There is an important distinction.

But that's a childish way of looking at it, how can anyone say your irrational or not, if there is no proof either way of what you are irrational or not with your argument.

Not everything is about having an argument.
Debates usually are...right?
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(November 4, 2014 at 12:58 am)MysticKnight Wrote:
(November 4, 2014 at 12:54 am)psychoslice Wrote: But that's a childish way of looking at it, how can anyone say your irrational or not, if there is no proof either way of what you are irrational or not with your argument.

Not everything is about having an argument.

I don't argue, I just discuss.
(November 4, 2014 at 12:13 am)MysticKnight Wrote: Anyone want to debate formally in the debate section with me.

What I want to prove:

I'm not a big fan of formal debate. But I'm available to make snide remarks on the side if that is needed.
Whateverist, I hereby challenge you to a formal, on-going snide remarks on the side contest that rolls in and out as the mood strikes us, for the remainder of our time here at AF.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing I saw on a site that I want to comment on ShinyCrystals 5 328 March 21, 2024 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  "You just want to be your own god"? zwanzig 48 4281 July 7, 2021 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Do u want there to be a God? Any God? Agnostico 304 28635 December 19, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Where to Debate Theists? Cephus 27 5844 April 13, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Nanny
  Has the Atheism vs. Theism debate played it's course? MJ the Skeptical 49 10692 August 12, 2016 at 8:43 am
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  Your favorite Atheist Theist Debate? Nuda900 11 4037 February 28, 2016 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: abaris
  A great atheist debate video. Jehanne 0 1180 February 14, 2016 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Am I the only one who doesn't want to be called a "Skeptic"? Heat 35 9540 January 11, 2016 at 4:41 am
Last Post: robvalue
  What you see when you win a religious debate... x3 IanHulett 15 5154 October 20, 2015 at 7:45 am
Last Post: robvalue
  AF friends, an opinion on Bible debate, please drfuzzy 25 5382 October 1, 2015 at 10:50 am
Last Post: houseofcantor