Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mormon Cult
The Mormon Cult
Hiyas! Okay, like most of you know, I'm an ex-mormon. One of the things that led to my deconversion was finding that Mormonism is a cult. How? That's what I'm explaining here.

Number One: Missionaries.

The Mormon church often tricks people into going on "missions" to other countries, so they can convert people into their religion, get them to go on missions, and so on.
The trick here is that the parents pay money for your food and such. But some of that money just goes to the church. This process of missionaries is just a way to get money.

Number Two: Tithing.

Tithing is paying 10% pf your earnings to your church to build temples, churches, and so on. This is clearly a scheme, but Mormons don't notice that. Only us atheists really do.

Number Two: Religion.

The word cult. Its kind of in the definition.

: formal religious veneration : worship
: a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents
: a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also : its body of adherents
: a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cults>
a : great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad
b : the object of such devotion
c : a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion

This definition is from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cult
Worship, according to merriam-webster, is worship, or a system of religious beliefs and rituals.

That's all you really need to prove it is a cult.

Other sources: Me, and my parents Big Grin

Thanks for reading!
-warlocksarebest Big Grin
RE: The Mormon Cult
And don't forget the origins.

A divine messenger calle Moroni came to Joseph Smith. As I pointed out in another thread. He wasn't even worth the visit of a full blown Moron, but his little brother Moroni.

Take out the second M of Mormonism and you have all the answers. Also, I don't think your so called church fathers told you about the ending of Joseph Smith. Being killed by an angry mob, while under inverstigation for attacking the freedom of press, doesn't make for an inspiring story.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
How many #2s do you need? :lol:

Have you seen the Thinking Atheist Podcast on the Mormons?
Dying to live, living to die.
How timely a post. You must have some thoughts on this bit of news from today.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/mormo...-30-wives/

Quote:The church’s post states that Smith himself was reluctant to begin practicing polygamy, until he was approached by an angel who “came with a drawn sword, threatening [him] with destruction” unless he obeyed God’s command to do so.

The Angel of Pussy, apparently.
Number Twos are good for the system.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(November 11, 2014 at 6:44 pm)Minimalist Wrote: How timely a post. You must have some thoughts on this bit of news from today.

Quote:The church’s post states that Smith himself was reluctant to begin practicing polygamy, until he was approached by an angel who “came with a drawn sword, threatening [him] with destruction” unless he obeyed God’s command to do so.

A lot of people argue, that was the main reason for founding the religion in the first place.
(November 11, 2014 at 6:51 pm)abaris Wrote:
(November 11, 2014 at 6:44 pm)Minimalist Wrote: How timely a post. You must have some thoughts on this bit of news from today.

A lot of people argue, that was the main reason for founding the religion in the first place.

Also the religion itself was based on racism as well but had to change and gotten black people. I'm still surprised there is black mormons.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(November 11, 2014 at 8:50 pm)dyresand Wrote: Also the religion itself was based on racism as well but had to change and gotten black people. I'm still surprised there is black mormons.

Well, there are christian women after all. That's equally amazing.
The racial stuff from just Brigham Young is astonishing. And when the church needed to grow ($$$$$$$) all the racial crap was dumped so they could expand the bottom line.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cult leader encouraging his followers to starve to death. Rev. Rye 2 466 April 28, 2023 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Kenya cult deaths: Four die after suspected starvation plot zebo-the-fat 0 538 April 14, 2023 at 11:15 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Was Jesus and Iron Age Cult Leader? trustedsource 11 5410 July 14, 2017 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Lyle Jeffs, Fundamentalist Mormon Breeding Colony Finance Wizard ARRESTED !!! vorlon13 6 2200 June 17, 2017 at 11:11 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Mormon Church Admits Smith Married 14 year old JesusHChrist 15 4123 September 16, 2015 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Why is christianity a "Blood Cult" Brakeman 26 9033 April 10, 2015 at 11:37 am
Last Post: Vox Populi
Rainbow Bloody miracles from a bloody cult. Bob Kelso 22 4784 March 26, 2015 at 11:24 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Couple Wins Suit Against Mormon Fuckwads Minimalist 10 4634 March 21, 2014 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  How to Train a Mormon Bad Writer 29 7723 September 6, 2013 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Bad Writer
  China cracks down on 'Doomsday cult' downbeatplumb 4 1872 December 19, 2012 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris