Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 8:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Impeach Obama
Impeach Obama
now that republicans have control of Senate and House Impeaching Obama has come up again. Joe Barton Of Texas said " Impeachment would be a consideration, yes sir." LOL will they ever leave poor Obama alone? We might have 2 more years of hearing this crap.

manowar
RE: Impeach Obama
If it keeps them occupied, it might not be the worst idea they've had.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Maybe it would wake the apathetic mass of America to what a collection of shitheads they have allowed to take control of this country?
(November 14, 2014 at 2:56 pm)Manowar Wrote: now that republicans have control of Senate and House Impeaching Obama has come up again. Joe Barton Of Texas said " Impeachment would be a consideration, yes sir." LOL will they ever leave poor Obama alone? We might have 2 more years of hearing this crap.

manowar

Impeachment is not a check against a president unless it is a consideration.

Obama will get impeached only if:
1. The republicans think they can succeed in convicting him in the Senate. Its not likely they would ever come close to obtaining a 2/3 majority.
2. The public wants Obama impeached.

About the closest thing I see Obama doing to outrage the public enough that they want to impeach him is maybe amnesty for illegal aliens. I'm skeptical that would do it...amnesty for illegals wouldn't outrage me(even though I believe it is beyond the scope of his powers).

I'd bet 1000 quatloos Obama doesn't get impeached.
The kind of things that actually could get Obama impeached are the things that these republicans who want to impeach him approve of. The stuff with drone strikes and NSA spying and such.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(November 14, 2014 at 4:19 pm)Chad32 Wrote: The kind of things that actually could get Obama impeached are the things that these republicans who want to impeach him approve of. The stuff with drone strikes and NSA spying and such.

Two things that have surprised me about Obama are this: One is his reluctance to prosecute people for water boarding terror suspects. The other is his embrace of drone strikes and NSA spying and such.

It makes me wonder about the actual threats we actually face. Are we in a lot more danger than the government lets on?
From what I've heard, the biggest terrorist threats we have are coming from white, right wing extremist groups. According to Secular Talk.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(November 14, 2014 at 6:31 pm)Chad32 Wrote: From what I've heard, the biggest terrorist threats we have are coming from white, right wing extremist groups. According to Secular Talk.

Europol, for Europe of course, and the FBI confirm that. I've looked up the stats for another thread today.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Bill Maher was right. Governing with the republicans is like rooming with a meth head.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(November 14, 2014 at 6:31 pm)Chad32 Wrote: From what I've heard, the biggest terrorist threats we have are coming from white, right wing extremist groups. According to Secular Talk.

You would do well to stop listening to what people tell you and pay attention to what those people are doing instead.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1285 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1526 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Michelle Obama Crushes It BrianSoddingBoru4 32 1547 August 19, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Obama Eulogizes Elijah Cummings AFTT47 2 558 October 26, 2019 at 3:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  AP: Obama's nose is growing John V 113 9353 September 17, 2018 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Conservative Asskisser Wants Obama Back Minimalist 8 1997 July 20, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  One Reason Trump is Intent on Reversing Everything Obama Did Rhondazvous 9 1288 November 6, 2017 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Impeach Donald Trump ads now in SF. Jehanne 16 2121 September 26, 2017 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  I want to know, why do these people hate Obama so much? NuclearEnergy 42 14894 July 21, 2017 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  My favorite phrase: What if Obama had done this? NuclearEnergy 9 3168 June 21, 2017 at 12:44 am
Last Post: vorlon13