Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's for dinner?
What's for dinner?
Pacific northwest Steelhead

[Image: IMG_20141114_210859.jpg]
RE: What's for dinner?
I didn't take pictures, but home-made beef stew with buttered french bread.

Pan seared that steelhead, nice crispy skin. Served it with freshly baked French baguette.

O. M. G.

Oh, can't forget the wine: started with a California moscato, finished with a dry red blend from 14 Hands.
That's not salmon? Huh, didn't think anything else was that color. Looks great. Fried up some talapia this weekend. Yumyum.
(November 15, 2014 at 2:29 am)whateverist Wrote: That's not salmon? Huh, didn't think anything else was that color. Looks great. Fried up some talapia this weekend. Yumyum.

Salmon? Depends on which biologist you talk to, and when. Steelhead has been, at various times, been considered part of the same genus as salmon, other times trout. My dad, the marine biologist says, "Who cares, throw it on the grill."

Char also has similarly colored flesh.

It was delicious. Superb, even. I wish I could take the credit for cooking it.
Census taker with the usual trimmings, of course.
[Image: thfrog.gif]

(November 15, 2014 at 1:22 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Pacific northwest Steelhead

[Image: IMG_20141114_210859.jpg]

Yuck.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I just made myself a quesadilla for dinner. Followed that with some ritz crackers. Tried to comfort the stomach by avoiding spicy foods, but I went full-bore into grease.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Beef, lamb, mutton, pork, shark, chicken, goose, trout, spuds, carrots, yams, apple salad, green salad, brown bread, soda bread, tea, coffee, fizzy drinks.

We're hosting a fundraiser for Island Child, an Auckland group that helps out needy families. Local shops and farmers have donated the food, the better half and I (with help from two neighbours) are doing the cooking, and the do is taking place in my back garden. We're doing the meats and veg hangi (fire pit) style, which is why I'm up at this unreasonable hour. $15 a plate, ALL proceeds to families that need it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The classic:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ultimate Dinner Party onlinebiker 10 909 October 23, 2019 at 11:05 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner? Joods 85 10179 November 24, 2017 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Dinner for a Francophile girl mcolafson 10 2258 September 26, 2016 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Your Top 5 favorite users on AF forums you want to have dinner with ErGingerbreadMandude 294 36876 February 25, 2016 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Dinner Party Of The Dead BrianSoddingBoru4 21 5653 February 11, 2015 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
Tongue So what did you have to eat at breakfast/lunch/dinner/anytime MissR 36 7087 December 25, 2014 at 7:51 am
Last Post: abaris
  Easter Dinner BrokenQuill92 19 2552 March 20, 2014 at 5:57 pm
Last Post: OGirly
  Dinner party paulpablo 16 3691 January 7, 2013 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  What’s for dinner? popeyespappy 13 2948 December 21, 2011 at 8:32 am
Last Post: Graham