Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I invited my brother to AF to Talk
I invited my brother to AF to Talk
I doubt he will come, by here it is. I told him to come on over and we can have a chat about his bible and homosexuality. Since he was just oh so kind enough to speak the most egregious words possible to our ailing Christian mother today, nailing the heart of his spiteful hateful dogma to the wall--I thought I'd extend an invite to him to come discuss just what it is, he has qualms with. For the record my mother is in the most loving relationship I've ever seen her in, with the best boi I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

A breakdown of homosexuality as it pertains to the bible, to follow. I just wanted this up..

Wishful thinking on my part, I'm sure.

Look up boi if you dont know that term.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
RE: I invited my brother to AF to Talk
I hope that he will join us, and that we can have a reasonable debate.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
If he ends up posting, how do you want us to treat your brother? Tongue
(November 20, 2014 at 2:50 am)Luckie Wrote: For the record my mother is in the most loving relationship I've ever seen her in, with the best boi I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Look up boi if you dont know that term.

In portuguese, boi is ox.
You can understand my confusion, as I was not aware of that other meaning.
Luckie,
Sounds as if you're leading a lamb to the slaughter.
(November 20, 2014 at 10:38 am)Cato Wrote: Luckie,
Sounds as if you're leading a lamb to the slaughter.

Just like Jesus!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

How does one pronounce boi? Is it just like boy? Or "bwa"?

I hope he joins. I'd like to ask him a few questions.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(November 20, 2014 at 12:43 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Or "bwa"?

If you're a simien abandonnant français, maybe
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Hey! Ain't no durn simien, frenchy! You may have monkeys as parents, but there ain't no monkeys in my fambly tree!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I'm going to link him here when I'm done long posting for him a breakdown of why he's so dumb, according to his own bible-- then why he's so dumb according to nature, and then finally why he's so dumb according to society.
This might take awhile.

I'm slightly intrigued and concerned about what steel curtain would want to ask my brother. o.0
Glad Poc figured out the ox dilemma, that's embarrassing. Tongue
Irrational, I urge you to--should the little turd nugget actually show up-- be kind, and rewind.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The queen doesn't half talk some shit Cod 11 2065 December 26, 2018 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  somebody, Please Talk Sense into My Stupid Head. I Think I'm Getting Ready to Fuck Up Rhondazvous 30 2247 September 13, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Making small talk more interesting Bahana 33 2878 April 9, 2018 at 1:16 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Not knowing what to talk about Der/die AtheistIn 25 2106 February 26, 2018 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: c172
  My brother's getting a divorce Mr.Obvious 10 2054 January 12, 2018 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Let's talk about life. Edwardo Piet 51 3957 November 17, 2017 at 4:38 am
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Lets talk about your pants brewer 65 6468 November 3, 2017 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  International Talk Like a Pirate Day Jehanne 14 1757 October 10, 2017 at 8:50 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Some advice on how to deal with a "interesting" brother in law NuclearEnergy 21 5650 July 3, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Regina
  So my older brother is being buried today. Whateverist 33 5049 April 11, 2017 at 10:14 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda