Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do people hate school shooters?
Why do people hate school shooters?
I just don't understand the mentality behind people who are all about demonizing school shooters. They're obviously some kids who are either deviant or just extremely disturbed. I just don't see what kind of ethics are behind acting so sanctimonious like you're so much better than a school shooter. So people go over seas and kill people all the time. People kill people in the electric chair, people kill each other at school. What's the difference in your eyes? I don't see a seamless ethic here on your part, people who hate school shooters. Eric (Dylan's friend) once said that "there is no such thing as good or evil, it's all relative to the observer".
RE: Why do people hate school shooters?
(November 21, 2014 at 1:28 pm)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote: What's the difference in your eyes?

You really don't see a difference between the killing of adults in a war environment and the killing of children in a school?

And you're the one preaching to us about ethics here? Are you trolling or are you seriously that fucking stupid?
Sorry, I'm not even going to try arguing here. Let's start like this: why don't you first try to come up with a hypothesis what the reason might be, and then we'll discuss.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Well, if they limited it to just shooting schools, they'd be more popular.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
There's a really big taboo about killing children. It's right up there with raping someone.

Motivation and intent play as big a role in killing, if not bigger. The whole reason people support the death penalty, but are against murder is that killing someone in the street for their money and killing someone because he raped and tortured someone to death are very different things.

You can't just lump all killing in the same pile. Well I guess you can, but it's rather childish. Like saying stealing a candy bar from a convenience store is the same as robbing a bank, or stealing food because you're starving to death. The act is the same, but the details surrounding the act vary wildly.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(November 21, 2014 at 1:30 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(November 21, 2014 at 1:28 pm)MusicLovingAtheist Wrote: What's the difference in your eyes?

You really don't see a difference between the killing of adults in a war environment and the killing of children in a school?

And you're the one preaching to us about ethics here? Are you trolling or are you seriously that fucking stupid?

No. Those kids grow up to be soldiers to fight in meaningless wars. I don't see how children are more important than adults either. That seems like another double standard.

(November 21, 2014 at 1:31 pm)Alex K Wrote: Sorry, I'm not even going to try arguing here. Let's start like this: why don't you first try to come up with a hypothesis what the reason might be, and then we'll discuss.
So you basically want me to make a guess that I have no way of coming up with the true answer and then have you tear apart my guess that was meaningless in the first place. That really has nothing to do with what we're talking about here and sounds like some sort of dirty argument tactic rather than an actual discussion.

(November 21, 2014 at 1:33 pm)Chad32 Wrote: There's a really big taboo about killing children. It's right up there with raping someone.

Motivation and intent play as big a role in killing, if not bigger. The whole reason people support the death penalty, but are against murder is that killing someone in the street for their money and killing someone because he raped and tortured someone to death are very different things.

You can't just lump all killing in the same pile. Well I guess you can, but it's rather childish. Like saying stealing a candy bar from a convenience store is the same as robbing a bank, or stealing food because you're starving to death. The act is the same, but the details surrounding the act vary wildly.
The way I see it's forms of punishment based on measuring the level of chaos. The more chaos is performed, the bigger the punishment is. That is the simple mentality of the minds of humanity. It's like for every bad action there needs to be more bad that comes of it. It's like we need to have someone hurt in order to redeem ourselves and make us feel like our world isn't such a bad place. It sounds like a system based on cruelty if you ask me.
Ugh..another one of these posts? We get it MLA, you hate everyone.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
[Image: 29ymd07.jpg]

Itt: "I'm a hate monger and hate is what drives a successful society"
[Image: 2qtcq5x.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information I hate human race,civilization and people in groups. MountainsWinAgain 48 14043 March 25, 2020 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: Macoleco
  Why free will probably does not exist, and why we should stop treating people - WisdomOfTheTrees 22 4471 February 8, 2017 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: WisdomOfTheTrees
  Is there a logical, rational reason why hate is bad? WisdomOfTheTrees 27 3543 February 4, 2017 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why Do I hate creationists (theists in general) ScienceAf 92 13954 August 27, 2016 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Hate KUSA 47 7279 December 28, 2015 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why Do People Need Religion? Rebel 24 2728 November 21, 2015 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  The place of rage and hate Lemonvariable72 45 7791 November 20, 2014 at 12:25 am
Last Post: Surgenator
Thumbs Up Why do people worry what happens after death,but dont think what happens before birth MountainsWinAgain 14 3618 June 21, 2014 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: RaisdCath
  Why are People so Depressed in College? Koolay 9 1588 July 17, 2013 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: genkaus
  why i hate religion in general Jextin 2 1852 April 9, 2013 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: Polaris