Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone got a hobby .. or is that what computer games are for?
Anyone got a hobby .. or is that what computer games are for?
Used to be people collected stamps, fellatioists I think we called them. Other people collected coins, potted up petunias or built elaborate model train landscapes. Are hobbies still a thing?

My main hobbies are gardening, walking, online poker and shooting the bull online. Not sure if the last three qualify as more than pastimes.

So any hobbyists here?
RE: Anyone got a hobby .. or is that what computer games are for?
What is a hobby but something you like to do?
I restore small tractors and cut friends grass with some of them- keeps me off the street.
biking, motorbike, tinkering....
Don't forget predicting the date of Armageddon. Don't sell yourself short. You rock at that.
(November 22, 2014 at 2:42 pm)professor Wrote: What is a hobby but something you like to do?
I restore small tractors and cut friends grass with some of them- keeps me off the street.

That's actually pretty cool.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I juggle. That's pretty much my only hobby. Not very exciting and almost as bad a way to pick up on women as collecting stamps.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
I hike, bicycle, scuba, travel, occasionally fly a plane or jump out of one. I also built RC model ships - the sort that you research to make it a detailed and accurate replica of a historically interesting real ship, not the sort you buy at stores and race on ponds.
I mess around on guitar and I write music, but those are two different processes. I'm not sure which is the hobby. One passes time and the other makes time stand still.

I still have a large collection of comics and action figures in a bin somewhere, but until recently I hadn't bought a comic in years. My daughter has suddenly taken an interest so I take her to my old comic shop every Wednesday. I can't say I'm mad about it either Big Grin
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
I write, walk and have recently returned back to Norrath.
I build rifles, load custom ammo, shoot targets, and occasionally compete in tactical matches.
Hooping, crafting, writing, traveling, music music music, reading, anything adrenaline-inducing, board games and poker. Oh, and AF Smile

ETA: I forgot yoga.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ok computer techs, what say you? Brian37 82 6109 October 7, 2021 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 6882 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  What ya got growing this summer? brewer 11 485 June 5, 2021 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What'sa matta, cat got your question? Brian37 49 1965 January 2, 2021 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Got Plates? onlinebiker 23 1386 June 3, 2020 at 6:32 am
  Got Gator? onlinebiker 23 1798 May 24, 2020 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Got gas? onlinebiker 52 3442 April 30, 2020 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  K-pods, whatcha got? Gawdzilla Sama 4 703 April 12, 2020 at 7:24 am
  Anal Intercourse is a Dangerous Hobby Agnostico 153 8342 February 16, 2020 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Agnostico
  You got to love the US brewer 32 3507 July 13, 2019 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4