Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First time I ran into this mass conspiracy junk.
First time I ran into this mass conspiracy junk.
This may be old to others but last night being a guest on a podcast show, I ran into another guest who rehashed this junk. Just when you think you have heard everything.

Other topics spoken on this show. But the the "Miracle of the Sun" was brought up. 1 hour and a half. Now everyone can hear my voice. Um and yes I was blunt with him, I am really getting tired of treating clear garbage as if it is equal to science.

http://m.mixcloud.com/dion-mcneil/ep8/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_Sun

He tried to argue that 70,000 people coudn't be lying. Wouldn't listen to me when I wasn't claiming that. People in mass can be delusional and human psychology basically proves it isn't about lying, it is about not understanding that you are misinterpreting what you think you see, on top of power of suggestion.
RE: First time I ran into this mass conspiracy junk.
If the Sun really moved as alleged, the whole world would know about it. Everyone on the daylight side of the planet would see it, not just one small village in Portugal, and those living along the terminator would notice something peculiar happening. Indeed, anyone able to see the Moon would notice; and that's not to mention any gravitational effects. So, though none of us were there to witness this 'miracle', we can say with 100% certainty that whatever else was happening the Sun did not move around in the sky. Well, not in any way other than it normally appears to do anyway.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Sssh, Stim. THAT'S why its a fucking "miracle."

Just ask any idiot jesus freak. They'll explain it to you.

Big Grin
Aw shit, you're right. Now I've rocked the boat and all the magic fell out.

Well, it's me for a fatwa, then.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Stupid part is that the wikipida article says the original media accounts said not all of the 70,000 claimed to have had the same "experience. So he is extrapolating that number meaning all of them reported the same thing which was NOT the case.
Facts mean nothing to the religious.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chupacabra

This is another one I hate too. Of course along with big foot, yetti, JFK conspiracies, crop circles, moon landing faked. ect ect ect ect.......People do not understand how mundane misperception or a deliberate lie can lead to mass delusion.
I thought that one had been totally debunked. Some sheriff out west staked out a carcass and posted guards and cameras and let nature take its course.

Apparently, you can never dissuade a true believer.
(November 22, 2014 at 9:47 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I thought that one had been totally debunked. Some sheriff out west staked out a carcass and posted guards and cameras and let nature take its course.

Apparently, you can never dissuade a true believer.

Of course it was, but the original conspiracy post was caused in 1917 and unfortunately some people rehash it like the guy on that podcast.

We should not be surprised when there are shows about ghosts hunting, a show on Animal Planet "Finding Bigfoot" and shows like "Ancient Aliens".

People will believe all sorts of crap blindly.
Don't believe anything highly religious Portuguese people say. They're idiots. Trust me, I'm Portuguese. Wink
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?

[Image: LB_Header_Idea_A.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yet another conspiracy?? Jehanne 8 653 October 14, 2022 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  First-time, non-violent criminals do not belong in prison. Jehanne 25 1543 August 29, 2022 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Help Making Indoor Cat into Outdoor cat. vulcanlogician 22 1976 May 1, 2021 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Crossing into Canada EgoDeath 5 574 November 22, 2019 at 10:00 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  If Jesus had ascended into Heaven... Jehanne 23 2070 May 13, 2019 at 7:38 am
Last Post: madog
  Neighbor's X-mass lawn decorations.... Brian37 13 978 December 12, 2018 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Looking into femine hygiene; do you . . . vorlon13 89 14901 October 31, 2018 at 11:38 am
Last Post: SaStrike
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4134 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  somebody, Please Talk Sense into My Stupid Head. I Think I'm Getting Ready to Fuck Up Rhondazvous 30 2245 September 13, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Ran into another Food Nazi just now. Brian37 31 2840 July 31, 2018 at 10:15 am
Last Post: Angrboda