Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So depressed
So depressed
Hello. I'm a 16 year old male with schizoaffective disorder, bipolar type. I'm so depressed.... All my life I'll have to live on this roller coaster through hell. I'll either be really manic, or depressed. When I'm manic, it's not true happiness, and I do stuff which I later regret when I become depressed. My whole life has and always will be like this.
RE: So depressed
Hey,
I don't know anything about your disorder, so can't give advice from that perspective... But you're so young, barely out of puberty, and a lot can change, don't despair. Do you talk to professionals/receive treatment? How"s school working out?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(November 27, 2014 at 6:12 pm)Alex K Wrote: Hey,
I don't know anything about your disorder, so can't give advice from that perspective... But you're so young, barely out of puberty, and a lot can change, don't despair. Do you talk to professionals/receive treatment? How"s school working out?
I do have a psychiatrist/therapist. Basically, the disorder is schizophrenia and bipolar mixed. I have mania and depression. The schizophrenia causes hallucinations, paranoia, delusions, etc
You get any meds? Do they help?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Your life may not always be that way.

There are breakthroughs being made frequently in medicine so never lose hope on that.

Have you talked to anyone about it? Seen a doctor, psychologist?
Dying to live, living to die.
(November 27, 2014 at 6:03 pm)JaceDeanLove Wrote: Hello. I'm a 16 year old male with schizoaffective disorder, bipolar type. I'm so depressed.... All my life I'll have to live on this roller coaster through hell. I'll either be really manic, or depressed. When I'm manic, it's not true happiness, and I do stuff which I later regret when I become depressed. My whole life has and always will be like this.
And take it from someone with depression and high functioning autism. 16 is the worst fucking time ever.my advice, is get some very good friends and try to have some fun.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
You have some serious hurdles to overcome, and combine that with the hormone cocktail that is assaulting you, and life can seem like it will never get better.

It will. Just listen to the medical professionals in your life. Take your meds, and find the things in life that make you happy and do those things. You will find happiness.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(November 27, 2014 at 7:18 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: You have some serious hurdles to overcome, and combine that with the hormone cocktail that is assaulting you, and life can seem like it will never get better.

It will. Just listen to the medical professionals in your life. Take your meds, and find the things in life that make you happy and do those things. You will find happiness.

Thanks!
(November 27, 2014 at 6:03 pm)JaceDeanLove Wrote: Hello. I'm a 16 year old male with schizoaffective disorder, bipolar type. I'm so depressed.... All my life I'll have to live on this roller coaster through hell. I'll either be really manic, or depressed. When I'm manic, it's not true happiness, and I do stuff which I later regret when I become depressed. My whole life has and always will be like this.

Yeah, I don't have schizoaffective disorder, but I do have a combination of OCD (pure-o), Depression, and autism spectrum disorder. It's a real motherfucker, especially the first two. I can really empathise. Are you on any meds? I recently got prescribed Luvox and it's done wonders, especially since I dropped it from 100 mil to 75 mil.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I have shizoaffective disorder as well. My main problems are depression and delusions. I've been fighting this stuff for nearly 25 years (in the mental health system). It may seem that things are never going to change because change happens slowly over a long period of time, the depression causes irrational thinking that it won't change, and because of the destruction in your life caused by things like manic episodes. It's frustrating, and many days I just want to give up. However, I can't say things haven't changed over those 25 years. Things do change. For most of the 25 years, I was chronically suicidal because my delusions led me to believe that I needed to kill myself. In 2008 I attempted suicide and lost nine fingers to frostbite as a result of the attempt. That sounds tragic, and perhaps it is. But the important news is that I started an anti-psychotic last winter, and the delusional thinking is much improved. I no longer spend my days chronically suicidal, thinking about how to kill myself. So while it's a hard road, it is a road on which things can get better.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Depressed? write your stuff here WinterHold 14 1147 July 9, 2018 at 6:57 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Depressed for a very good reason dyresand 9 2824 June 29, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Lonely and a bit depressed MusicLovingAtheist 22 3884 September 16, 2014 at 4:51 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  Is there anyone here that is NOT depressed? KUSA 135 18023 April 9, 2014 at 7:00 pm
Last Post: sven
  feeling very depressed that when i die i wont see my children again- how do i deal? mamatobabybear 40 14743 June 2, 2013 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Brian37