Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stand Up Comedians
Stand Up Comedians
Have any favorites? I've been on a kick recently. I've watched nearly everything Chris Rock, George Carlin and Dave Chappelle have to offer, so those 3 are my favorites as if now, but I'm looking for others. Any ideas? I do like some Williams and Pryor too, but have only seen one of each of their specials. It is odd because I didn't think I was big on stand up, but I guess I was wrong.
RE: Stand Up Comedians
Jeanne Robertson is my fav.
I used to watch stand up on comedy Central. I like Ron White, Gabriel Iglasias, some of Jeff Dunham's puppet acts, and a few other people. Some are hit or miss, like Lewis Black and his "if it weren't for my horse" skit, or that guy that complained that computers tell him when they can be shut down, unlike his car. I can only imagine he pulls into his drive at 25+ miles an hour.

Stand up can definitely be fun.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I love Eddie Izzard, Louis C. K., Tim Minchin
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Bill Maher, Chris Rock, Eddie Izzard, Jim Jeffries, Lewis Black, Ricky Gervais
I've never been big on stand-up. I'm a bit grinchly. But I liked Dennis Miller before he went to the Elephants.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Oh yeah, Louis C.K. was in my list already for this week. I'll check out the others, one at a time. I do like Bill Maher too, but didn't know he had stand up specials.
He does and he's effing hilarious Big Grin
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(December 5, 2014 at 12:01 am)c172 Wrote: I've never been big on stand-up. I'm a bit grinchly. But I liked Dennis Miller before he went to the Elephants.

Me either until this week. I liked them kinda, but never enough to watch an entire special until recently. I like Eddie Murphey, but his early stuff bleeds with homophobic acts so that isn't exactly funny to me.
Ok...this had to happen sooner or later.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ross Noble Stand Up Edwardo Piet 1 1343 April 28, 2009 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet