Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over Here Fox 'News' Would Have A Shit Fit Over This
Over Here Fox 'News' Would Have A Shit Fit Over This
unless there was a republicunt in the White House...then they wouldn't say a word.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-30338659

Quote:Raids against Islamic State are being conducted from RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus "with broken jets and tired and fed-up people", BBC Newsnight has been told.

In a letter, a serviceman said the base was being neglected, morale was poor and ground crews had taken to eating humanitarian rations meant for Iraqis.

Newsnight also understands only 16 of 102 RAF Tornado jets still meet full combat standards.
RE: Over Here Fox 'News' Would Have A Shit Fit Over This
And the next day the Germans marched into Paris.
I think I saw that video. It was somebody entering Paris, anyway.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 7, 2014 at 10:36 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I think I saw that video. It was somebody entering Paris, anyway.

Wasn't during he day either.Angel Cloud

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I wasn't looking at that bit...
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Quote:And he alleged that the placing of services with contractors meant that Cypriot cleaners at the base were being charged to the UK taxpayer at three times the annual cost of an airman's salary.

Here in the US, a lot of people don't realize that many military support jobs went to contractors so there is a financial reason for some business in the US to keep our country engaged in continual wars. I didn't realize that the UK had a similar set up.

Fox News might not have a shit fit over this because they don't want to stop the constant wars. Bringing too much attention to the fact that some people earn money off sending people to kill or die would hurt some of their supporters
It's a damned good thing those kids weren't with us at the 801st or 4409th back during my war, they would have shit bricks sideways at our appalling living standards. MREs two meals out of three each day, neither base had a hospital despite handling massive amounts of munitions -- Christ, at Riyadh, the fire-station I commanded was an accordion-tent with a watercooler and a jerry-rigged porch.

And we liked it.

/cane-waving

(December 7, 2014 at 10:36 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I think I saw that video. It was somebody entering Paris, anyway.

"Murder By Death", a detective movie spoof. Great double feature with "Clue". Cool Shades
Two of my favourites right there!

Did you know that Alec Guinness was filming his scenes as Bensonmum in Murder By Death when he got a script for a certain little sci fi romp called Star Wars?
(December 8, 2014 at 9:44 am)Stimbo Wrote: I wasn't looking at that bit...

Is there anyone who hasn't been in Paris?
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do conservatives believe the shit on Fox News? Spongebob 119 8229 August 31, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Lame Duck Shit Show brewer 46 1842 November 12, 2020 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Three months ago I would have been dead ... Gawdzilla Sama 21 1088 October 30, 2020 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36697 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Well Well Well What Do We Have Here Amarok 14 1151 December 4, 2018 at 6:58 am
  Fox has just been insulted YahwehIsTheWay 11 1056 November 27, 2018 at 8:13 pm
  Coming From Anyone Else This Would Just Be The Usual Nauseating Shit Minimalist 3 795 October 24, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Even The FOX FUX Have Had Eniough of the Orange Turdfuhrer Minimalist 2 358 October 11, 2018 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  FOX Being Dragged Down By Their Anchor Minimalist 10 1567 August 23, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  When FOX Fires Shep Smith I Hope MSNBC Hires Him Minimalist 2 487 August 2, 2018 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Joods