Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 12:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some people need weed.
Some people need weed.
Normally I have a sort of odd middle of the road position on weed that is best summed up as it should be treated like alcohol in most cases. I preface what I say because HOLY FUCKING JESUS CHRIST some people need to smoke a joint and calm down. There that feels good now that it is off my chest
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: Some people need weed.
It's been proven to have medical uses, and is less harmful than cigarette smoking. The thing is that cigs and alcohol are so ingrained that they couldn't get rid of them if they wanted to. They don't want weed to get to that state, so they try to ban it despite it being useful.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Who is "they" and why not? Far as I can tell its old right wingers that want to attach morality to smoking a joint.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
The lawmakers and people behind the drug war, of course. Why? Because we have a for profit prison system that has a quota to fill.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

That too.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(December 11, 2014 at 12:35 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Who is "they" and why not? Far as I can tell its old right wingers that want to attach morality to smoking a joint.
Those tight wadded feckwitts that screech over well, everything
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
I haven't smoked joint for more than 10 years. Sad There used to be many dealers here but at some point they all ended up in jail. Now I miss that feeling and only have the memories of friends smoking joint with me.
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
Weed could relieve your urge to hump dead threads.....

Tongue
I've managed 28+ years without it, and except for those 2 stabbings I think I have done very well.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 11, 2014 at 12:34 pm)Chad32 Wrote: It's been proven to have medical uses, and is less harmful than cigarette smoking. The thing is that cigs and alcohol are so ingrained that they couldn't get rid of them if they wanted to. They don't want weed to get to that state, so they try to ban it despite it being useful.

They could swap one for the other. I don't know why no one in politics ever suggests that. It's so obvious. Of course you could ban alcohol without people staging so much civil disobedience that the decision is reversed, if you replaced it with something that's better by every measure, including influences on health, antisocial behaviour, addiction and its consequences, violent crime rates AND pleasurability of the high! Cannabis is both more enjoyable AND less addictive, what a win-win. If every licensed premise sold weed instead, it would not take long for most people to be very satisfied with the new arrangement.

And I would love to watch self-righteous alcohol users who look down on any recreational drugs that are currently illegal in their country, and have the gall to deny that alcohol is a drug or that drunkenness is just another drug high, get thrown in jail the way they're happy to see weed users get thrown in jail right now. Tossers.
"Faith is a state of openness or trust. To have faith is like when you trust yourself to the water. You don't grab hold of the water when you swim, because if you do you will become stiff and tight in the water, and sink. You have to relax, and the attitude of faith is the very opposite of clinging, and holding on. In other words, a person who is fanatic in matters of religion, and clings to certain ideas about the nature of God and the universe becomes a person who has no faith at all. Instead they are holding tight. But the attitude of faith is to let go, and become open to truth, whatever it might turn out to be."

Alan Watts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 798 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Why isn’t weed legal everywhere? Fake Messiah 6 513 July 24, 2022 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why is it internet fandom has some of the nastiest people? A Godzilla fan 10 805 October 7, 2019 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Why is there people who bother people for no reason? Macoleco 6 1002 October 2, 2018 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Cod
  I'll need some help with this. notimportant1234 26 1853 March 10, 2018 at 8:03 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Need Some Help BrianSoddingBoru4 7 1177 March 1, 2018 at 10:57 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Do you start people at ten, or do they need to earn it? J a c k 53 4899 November 25, 2017 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Cod
  Why do some people lack a sense of humor? NuclearEnergy 20 3683 November 25, 2017 at 11:48 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  I need some good first date questions Seraphina 86 10364 October 5, 2017 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Weed edibles. paulpablo 11 1954 July 7, 2017 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Jackalope