Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School
School
Hello. I'm a 16 year old male in 11th Grade. Anyway, I was wondering if it's fine to skip a day every now and then (without telling your mom, because you can't contact her in the mornings) and unwind a bit? I have bipolar and schizophrenia, and about once a month, I MUST skip a day. I'll either be depressed, tired, or just stressed out. Any ideas? Also, I'm an atheist.
RE: School
This is something you need to be discussing with your doctor, the one who prescribes your medication. Not us.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Not sure what the "Also, I'm an atheist" part has to do with anything, but I would suggest talking with folks at the school to see if you can get some help. If you've actually been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, that means you've already been to an actual psychiatrist, and putting the school in contact with them could be helpful as well.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Eh.

Since you're in HS truancy laws say no. If you were in college the answer would be who gives a damn. Just make sure you're caught up with your studies. But since you're not this is an issue you need to talk with your parents and doctor about.

How this is related to atheism I do not know.
Hi welcome Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(December 12, 2014 at 2:26 pm)JaceDeanLove Wrote: Hello. I'm a 16 year old male in 11th Grade. Anyway, I was wondering if it's fine to skip a day every now and then (without telling your mom, because you can't contact her in the mornings) and unwind a bit? I have bipolar and schizophrenia, and about once a month, I MUST skip a day. I'll either be depressed, tired, or just stressed out. Any ideas? Also, I'm an atheist.

Discuss that with your doctor as has been said.

Also I'm probably not the right guy to be asked about skipping class, because that was one of my favorite sports. Might have a bad influence on you.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Is there a reason that you can't discuss this with your mom? If your grades are high and you are responsible otherwise, maybe you could make a deal with her. At the end of each semester, you get a day off if you make a certain grade or do so much housework.

My son has been diagnosed with depression and his college lets him take some extra time with some deadlines. He hasn't really taken advantage of this but knowing that he won't flunk out if he has a bad couple of days has really helped him.

School counselors can help a lot. Talk to yours and explain your situation.
(December 12, 2014 at 2:26 pm)JaceDeanLove Wrote: Hello. I'm a 16 year old male in 11th Grade. Anyway, I was wondering if it's fine to skip a day every now and then (without telling your mom, because you can't contact her in the mornings) and unwind a bit?
Skipping one day a month sounds perfectly fine (that's 2-3 days in total in a standard 10 week term). But if it's more than that it may be a real problem. When I was in the 11th grade I had a couple of classmates that skipped a day maybe every couple of weeks, teachers noticed and failed them without warning.

As to your mum - she should know. If you think it will raise an argument explain that you feel you needed to take a day off. Tell her at dinner time, obviously not in the morning when you say you can't contact her. If she's upset with you, be sure to listen to and consider what she has to say - she may have something valid to say, and even if she doesn't she's entitled to express her opinion and feelings.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Depressed, tired and stressed, eh? Welcome to the world. Suck it up and go to school.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 13, 2014 at 2:07 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Depressed, tired and stressed, eh? Welcome to the world. Suck it up and go to school.

Boru

I guess you don't know what schizophrenia and bipolar disorder are, and how they affect people.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I went to the wrong kind of school. onlinebiker 5 446 April 20, 2022 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2154 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  Excell high school fake or not fake viocjit 13 1549 February 4, 2019 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: viocjit
  Having such a hard time in High School right now Distheist 7 1141 March 24, 2018 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  My boring thread: An update on school Joods 93 10479 May 2, 2016 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Can I get some help with school Heat 48 8066 December 21, 2015 at 6:29 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Problems in school piterski123 19 3061 October 18, 2015 at 10:51 am
Last Post: Alex K
  My PowerPoint on Democracy I did for School EgoRaptor 0 769 January 26, 2014 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  Pakistani Teenager dies preventing suicide bomber from attacking his school Fidel_Castronaut 21 5500 January 12, 2014 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Chas
  Jury finds for Cincinnati teacher fired from Catholic school while pregnant Big Blue Sky 43 12262 June 6, 2013 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger