Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 10:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook or Prayer?
Facebook or Prayer?
http://www.fijitimes.com/story.aspx?id=289578

Quote:Clara Sowei Manu's baby had died four hours into labour at an aid post at Mukili, a remote location in the jungle fastness of East Sepik, Papua New Guinea, the report said.

That was when Catholic priest Martin We-en turned to Facebook.

Was turning to god not an option?
RE: Facebook or Prayer?
(December 18, 2014 at 9:19 pm)Forsaken Wrote: http://www.fijitimes.com/story.aspx?id=289578

Quote:Clara Sowei Manu's baby had died four hours into labour at an aid post at Mukili, a remote location in the jungle fastness of East Sepik, Papua New Guinea, the report said.

That was when Catholic priest Martin We-en turned to Facebook.

Was turning to god not an option?

They know they'll get responses on FB.
Dying to live, living to die.
Oh wait... god acted in mysterious ways through Facebook. Case settled.
Sounds like the Health Minister did more than fucking god.
I applaud this priest.

At least he was pragmatic enough to get help.

What's the old saying? "Pray but always look both ways before crossing the road".
Dying to live, living to die.
I'm surprised there's not a "send prayer" button on Facebook.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(December 18, 2014 at 9:33 pm)Beccs Wrote: I applaud this priest.

At least he was pragmatic enough to get help.

What's the old saying? "Pray but always look both ways before crossing the road".

The version Irish fisherman use is, 'Trust in God, but row AWAY from the rocks.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Trust in God, but know that you're playing make believe. So take some real action as well.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The next site to supposedly replace Facebook Foxaèr 3 404 September 23, 2018 at 9:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  Fox News Defends Prayer Forced By The State Mechaghostman2 5 413 February 11, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Facebook page full of useful memes popeyespappy 3 1042 November 18, 2015 at 5:55 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  This story is being shared on Facebook, et al Easy Guns 27 4819 November 12, 2015 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Easy Guns
  I saw this (non religious) video on Facebook and it made me angry Drich 74 11397 August 28, 2014 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Looking for support for my (Libyan-Atheists) Facebook page Hot_IceCube 5 3002 April 3, 2014 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Facebook adds 56 Gender options to choose from Rampant.A.I. 93 13073 March 5, 2014 at 3:35 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  "conservative" american facebook copy. downbeatplumb 6 2104 January 31, 2013 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  Facebook Christianity Diamond 3 1332 August 7, 2012 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: Erinome
  Fox News and Facebook thesummerqueen 18 4096 August 3, 2011 at 1:53 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger