Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 5, 2024, 12:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having Fun With Evolution!
Question 
Having Fun With Evolution!
From my topic thread in the Introductions forum I can see we're going to have a blast. Let's take it from here:

After much research I have concluded that what we call the "educational system" is, in fact, a brainwashing indoctrination experiment that I believe began in earnest around 1910 designed to make us all, essentially, Borg drones of the government collective. I have snapped out of this psychological programming. Those still under the programming will most certainly freak out to even consider that we were brainwashed to accept the postulations of official authority figures at face value, period. It doesn't matter what they said, our critical thinking of what they were teaching us was not encouraged. Those who dared to ask too many uncomfortable questions were asking to fail.

I currently believe that science and religion are used as tools to enslave the minds of the masses toward the implementations of the Bilderberg New World Order agenda, but...I could be wrong. Despite disinformation to the contrary, I currently believe this Illumicorp Training Video to be the very real deal. However, as I say, I'm always ready to find I am incorrect about ANYTHING I currently believe.

YOU WROTE: For the last time, evolution does not mean that one species magically turns into another!

MY RESPONSE: Well, my studies have taught me that the core of Darwin's THEORY (not fact) has been that, given enough time, one species can turn into another species. Supposedly, Darwin believed that the fossil records would eventually determine whether or not he was correct.

Like it or not, here are the fossil records:

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT:

TAKEN FROM THE LAST ATHEIST FORUM IN WHICH MY TOPIC THREAD WAS LOCKED RIGHT BEFORE I CREATED MY INTRODUCTION TOPIC THREAD IN THIS FORUM:

I get the feeling that I could take the genius potential of all of you atheists here, stuff it into a shot glass and still have room for a drink. Big Grin

Surely you must be pretending to be this dumb for effect

Trying to wake you atheists up from your brainwashed slumber is like trying to get a sea slug to take piano lessons

or like trying to get a horse to express his views on ancient philosophy

or like trying to train a cockroach to win on Dancing With The Stars

or like trying to get a tree to do a biceps curl

or like trying to inspire a Roto Rooter sewage repair guy to win a sewage Nobel Prize

or like trying to get a Hindu to invest in a butcher shop

or like trying to get a strict vegan to eat a friggin egg

or like trying to get a tone-deaf guy to sing on key

or like trying to get a Mexican to play the American National Anthem with his farts

or like trying to sell a pizza with a crust made out of cardboard

or like trying to get a gay guy to join a feminist group

or like trying to open a can of tuna with a feather

or like trying to wash dishes with car oil

or like trying to tune up your car with a piano hammer

or like trying to win a marathon while you are sleeping

or like trying to sniff your armpits with you head in a paper bag

or like trying to be successful opening up a Starbucks next door to a slaughterhouse

or like trying to make beautiful tones by squeezing a wet fish

or like trying to tell a joke in Italian when you don't know the language at all

or like trying to burp a dead baby

or like trying to hitchhike in the midst of a skydive

or like trying to get a Democrat not to blame the Republicans

or like feeding cooked dead people to the homeless

or like...
RE: Having Fun With Evolution!
So your big boy hair finally came in huh.

Ah to be 13 again.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

The ToE is a theory that seeks to explain a fact (E).

I guess all those insults are sort of directed at members of the forum? Why? I don't see the point unless im missing something. Whatever, I realise online forums (especially religious/atheist ones) tend to be full of hot tempers and lots of debate/arguments, but posting all those insults sort of just says 'I want to be banned'.

Have fun.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(December 20, 2014 at 9:13 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: The ToE is a theory that seeks to explain a fact (E).

I guess all those insults are sort of directed at members of the forum? Why? I don't see the point unless im missing something. Whatever, I realise online forums (especially religious/atheist ones) tend to be full of hot tempers and lots of debate/arguments, but posting all those insults sort of just says 'I want to be banned'.

Have fun.

I don't take myself or anything too seriously. I was just having fun. You see, the true value in humor is whether or not it makes ME LAUGH. How sourpuses react is irrelevant Cool Shades

(December 20, 2014 at 9:12 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: So your big boy hair finally came in huh.

Ah to be 13 again.

13 what? Split personalities?

[Image: B0Z51xd.gif]

I'd like to take this opportunity to make my acceptance speech:

(clears throat) Um...I accept

ROFLOL

What do you call a goat with three horns?

Extremely horny!

Confused Fall

Jeopardy answer:

What is three hos

question:

How many hos does it take to keep Santa satisfied

Confusedhock:
Have fun breaking rule after rule, methinks your stay here will not be that long.
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(December 20, 2014 at 9:15 am)Platonic Wrote: I don't take myself or anything too seriously. I was just having fun. You see, the true value in humor is whether or not it makes ME LAUGH. How sourpuses react is irrelevant Cool Shades

You remind me of this ad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH5BPB5067w

Can't wait to see what you're like after your balls drop.
(@Plato and his... jokes?)

Laugh? I very nearly did.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 20, 2014 at 9:28 am)Lucanus Wrote: Have fun breaking rule after rule, methinks your stay here will not be that long.

I intend to be myself and have fun. I don't kiss up to the religious or New Agers and I most certainly am NOT going to kiss up to atheists!!

You may think I'm joking, but after seeing this commercial on YouTube, the other day, I actually ordered this stuff. She's a cutie with one hell of a "motherlode"

However, you will kiss up to Staff decisions. Capisce?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Quote: Well, my studies have taught me that the core of Darwin's THEORY (not fact) has been that, given enough time, one species can turn into another species. Supposedly, Darwin believed that the fossil records would eventually determine whether or not he was correct.

Darwin had a hypothesis about birds which, upon investigation, led him to offer a theory about life in general (but he also retracted that theory in the face of ridicule, so there's that..lol). His contribution to the current theory was natural selection. He demonstrated that it -did- work by means of dog and bird breeds common and familiar to his audience (as breeders of pets and hobby animals...all the rage at the time). It was evident, efficacious, and explanatory from that demonstration alone. Whatever else may go into life...that one example was enough to show that natural selection went into life. Since then, that particular portion of the current theory has become one of the most well established, widely demonstrated, and..frankly...chronicly misinterpreted portions of the most successful scientific theory in recent memory. So successful that Modern Synth is the unifying theory of biology.

The bit about species is a quirk of our classification system and it's point in deep time. We could use lower rungs than species (to which "sub-species" attests). To say that animals evolve is not to say that "one species can turn into another" because species isn;t some intrinsic characteristic of an animal..it;s a characteristic of our classification system. Animals change - sometimes they no longer qualify for the same spot in our system....they are still everything that they were, the additional bits (or sometimes just reproductive isolation) rule them out. It is also not to say that dogs can evolve into cats, or cats into dogs - no matter how much time they are given. Cats will always be cats, whatever else they become, dogs will always be dogs, whatever else they become.

I don't think you studied anything about darwin or evolution...., btw.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fun with flat earthers. Mechaghostman2 9 1755 July 26, 2016 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Scientists are FUN! bennyboy 0 716 June 24, 2014 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Fun with Antique Medicine thesummerqueen 4 1216 November 16, 2011 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Scientific literature is too dry. Religious texts are more fun. rumbuggerylash 18 5856 May 17, 2011 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas