Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 5:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For unreputationified people...
For unreputationified people...
Can we have a members only sign on members we haven't repped that says something to the effect of whether or not we'd repped that member yet?

Preferably, hideable. Not saying it's *needed*... but it'd be a nice forum christmas present.

It could even be a parenthesis by their name, like this:

Simple thing really... but it'd be nice to have that simple addition... and it doesn't have to be a number... see:

Rep: 101 (You haven't added reputation to this user)....

But that's not pretty.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
RE: For unreputationified people...
I'd do it, but they didn't add me to staff for my coding skills.

At least, I hope they didn't.
(December 21, 2014 at 10:21 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: I'd do it, but they didn't add me to staff for my coding skills.

That'd be foolish indeed... but don't worry: <something probably misogynistic instead of something actually consoling>, so you're still doing just great in my books. Tiger
(December 21, 2014 at 10:21 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: I'd do it, but they didn't add me to staff for my coding skills.

I forwarded you precisely because of your coding skills and for no other reason.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(December 23, 2014 at 1:06 pm)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote:

I forwarded you precisely because of your coding skills and for no other reason.

Dammit.
That sounds like an interesting feature. I'd like to see that added in too.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

*hands becca a book on coding malware and hacking passwords* Alright then, get to it!
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(December 23, 2014 at 1:41 pm)Tonus Wrote: *hands becca a book on coding malware and hacking passwords* Alright then, get to it!
They make books on those subjects?
(December 21, 2014 at 9:38 pm)Alice Wrote: Can we have a members only sign on members we haven't repped that says something to the effect of whether or not we'd repped that member yet?

Preferably, hideable. Not saying it's *needed*... but it'd be a nice forum christmas present.

It could even be a parenthesis by their name, like this:

Simple thing really... but it'd be nice to have that simple addition... and it doesn't have to be a number... see:

Rep: 101 (You haven't added reputation to this user)....

But that's not pretty.

How about something like a checkmark or something next to it if you have repped them? Might even be a pretty simple change to one of the forum templates. If I have some time over the holidays I'll take a look, when I'm feeling better.
(December 23, 2014 at 8:19 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: How about something like a checkmark or something next to it if you have repped them? Might even be a pretty simple change to one of the forum templates. If I have some time over the holidays I'll take a look, when I'm feeling better.

That'd be wonderful for me. Min was the last person I saw come up with this idea, but I couldn't find the thread to tack on a simplification post (not that I can say for sure he really did or not). Hell, you even simplified it even further than I did.. Dodgy

I'd be thankful to have it, get well soon Smile

(December 23, 2014 at 2:16 pm)pocaracas Wrote: They make books on those subjects?

For science, you understand.