Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Satanism vs. Christianity
Satanism vs. Christianity
I decided to put this thread into the category of "other" because although it deals with Christianity, it also discusses Satanism in large part. I have recently been watching popular Youtuber The Amazing Athiest. I like his channel and the videos that he posts. I was watching one of his videos in which he reacted to a video of a man that was outraged that there was a law passed in a Florida town that legalized the distribution of Satanic coloring books to young children. Let me preface my argument by mentioning that I in no way support Satanism, the main point of this thread is to discuss problems with Christianity and why the people that follow it are delusional. The main thing that I don't understand is why people think that it is ok to give children coloring books with God and the Saints and Biblical passages, yet when someone gives a child a Satanic coloring book they go nuts. God is false deity believed in by Christians. Satan is a false deity believed in by Satanists. Why can't Satanists give their children coloring books that represent their religion, yet Christians are permitted this freedom. America is built upon freedom of speech and freedom of religion. That is why people immigrated to America from Britain in the 1600's. They wanted the freedoms that they deserve as human beings living on this Earth.
RE: Satanism vs. Christianity
Well duh, because the Christian majority think that their religion is the single true and good one.
P.s. what kind of satanism do they promote? This LaVeyan thing? That's not theistic satanism or devil worship, strictly speaking.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I did some research on the organization but was not able to figure out exactly what sect of Satanism they practice. Their website doesn't really specify, which is strange.
Well, the holy book begins "Our Father, who wert in Heaven" (Anton leVey's version). Frankly, I thought it hilarious. Most 'Satanists' are just rebellious types with a grudge against Christianity. If you want to dig into it, read A. Crowley -``Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.'' OTOH, if you want to make feathers fly, tell a theist that Satanism is a Christian sect.
My book, a setting for fantasy role playing games based on Bantu mythology: Ubantu
People are free to print up any coloring books they want.

There are too many different types of Satanists, and it's all too confusing. Someone really needs to change their name me thinks. I think there are 3, if I understand correctly. You have the Christian Satanists that believe in the bible stuff, but prefer to worship the devil character. Then there are the ones that consider themselves their own god but have absolutely nothing to do with the Bible characters or Christianity. And then the third group consists of atheists that use the title so as to mock Christianity. The term Satanist really just gives me a headache.
I understand their aim, but I think I'd take the pastafarian approach. It still makes the point without being obviously confrontational.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Satan is the absolute mythological property of Christianity. Belief in one necessarily includes belief in the other. I find the whole fairy tale laughable save for the fact that they have & still do kill lots of people.

Read the ancient texts from most any culture or region you'll find similarities and examples in all are extremely similar.

It looks like they all have their early origins rooted in forms of astrology. Notice important dates for all of them. They have countless features in common like virgin births, numbers and the guilty sacrifices.

Christianity does not have a single feature to distinguish it from myriad forms of Christianity sky worship. They simply rewrap the myths and stamp a cross on it.
As I understand it, a lot of the satanist groups are atheist. They pick the name just to mock Christianity (well I think that's the real reason). But they often don't actually worship Satan at all or claim he is real. Of course the name is supposed to make you think of the Christian Satan.

It's already getting complicated though with too many versions.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(December 27, 2014 at 3:28 pm)Landfish Wrote: Satan is the absolute mythological property of Christianity.

You more or less said it yourself in the rest of your post. Satan isn't the absolute mythological property of christianity. You have the rebellous character in too many religions to count. So Satan is just like everything else in christian mythology. Stolen from older tales or adapted to suit their needs.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Satanism is the ONLY Rational Religion EgoRaptor 70 24978 July 5, 2015 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  Satanism - the stupidest religion ablenova 23 7452 December 10, 2013 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: EgoRaptor