Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hasa diga eebowai
hasa diga eebowai
My wife wanted to see The Book of Mormon for a Christmas. In Orlando we got a new performing arts center, and thought it would be fun. Going in to this show I knew nothing about it, aside from some of the Fun the South Park guys have at the expense of Mormons. So 90 buck a seat later and a Saturday afternoon, 2-5pm I felt like I sat through a 3 hour semi entertaining lecture on a possible schism of the Mormon beliefs. One that does not focus on its past beliefs, but the benfits of the religion itself with or with out God. In that it could be used to the benfit of humanity if properly 'tweaked.' Now granted what was played out on stage was an over the top well rehearsed version, with lots of funny and semi entertaining songs (one of which featured Orlando, haven't decided if that was a good thing or not.) the message like most South Park episodes was still there. Speaking of which this was the 'moral' of the Joseph Smith episode as well, and the punch line for the heaven/hell battle in the SP movie.
Thinking

Anyway, at the end I kinda felt like I was made to sit quietly through a 3hour reformed LDS home invasion, outside my home.. That I paid for.. If you go to see a Broadway show, that's what you will get, just be careful you might pick up some understanding for what the LDS are doing as well.
RE: hasa diga eebowai
Hey, you of all people here should agree that knowing your enemy is just good strategy. Big Grin

Did you enjoy it over-all? I've been thinking about seeing it in Cleveland...if its even still there.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
I totally agree, that's one of the reason I went. (Know thy enemy) but I think one of the writters is a closet Mormon, and by the end your kinda rooting for them.

Again over all if you go just to see a Broadway play, then you'll have fun. If your going their to 'hasa diga eebowai' by the end you might have this feeling to 'connect.'
Yeah, Matt and Trey put a little heart into everything they do. I wouldn't be surprised to be rooting for Mormons by the end. Are you saying you felt like connecting with the hasa diga eebowai thing or to connect with god?

ETA: Side note: I post from my phone so I can't see who starts threads under the title. I was a little surprised to see you started "hasa diga eebowai". Lol Smile
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(December 28, 2014 at 4:12 am)Drich Wrote: I totally agree, that's one of the reason I went. (Know thy enemy) but I think one of the writters is a closet Mormon, and by the end your kinda rooting for them.

Again over all if you go just to see a Broadway play, then you'll have fun. If your going their to 'hasa diga eebowai' by the end you might have this feeling to 'connect.'

Mormons ask seek and knock and get a different answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AidgBKGJx-c

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(December 28, 2014 at 4:12 am)Drich Wrote: I totally agree, that's one of the reason I went. (Know thy enemy) but I think one of the writters is a closet Mormon, and by the end your kinda rooting for them.

The writers are Trey Parker, Robert Lopez and Matt Stone.

Stone is an atheist, Parker believes in a god but thinks religion is silly. I don't know about Lopez but I found this quote by him.

Quote:And so I came to this feeling of, well, religion is made-up, but the fact that it exists and that people are good to one another is a miracle. It sort of is more miraculous than the stories of Jesus turning water into wine and all that crap.

http://moreintelligentlife.com/blog/jame...z-composer

I agree with the sentiments that Lopez expressed.

It doesn't sound like any of them are Mormons
(December 28, 2014 at 5:08 am)Exian Wrote: Yeah, Matt and Trey put a little heart into everything they do. I wouldn't be surprised to be rooting for Mormons by the end. Are you saying you felt like connecting with the hasa diga eebowai thing or to connect with god?

ETA: Side note: I post from my phone so I can't see who starts threads under the title. I was a little surprised to see you started "hasa diga eebowai". Lol Smile

Again two sides to my synopsis. One is the Mormon recruitment/religious side, the other is the enjoyment of a Broadway show. As hasa diga eebowai literally means nothing in any language it then becomes apart of a Broadway show. Like any message or word it only has the meaning we give to it. I enjoyed the show and decided to use this unique word to discuss what I thought.

(December 28, 2014 at 10:48 am)Nope Wrote:

The writers are Trey Parker, Robert Lopez and Matt Stone.

Stone is an atheist, Parker believes in a god but thinks religion is silly. I don't know about Lopez but I found this quote by him.

Quote:And so I came to this feeling of, well, religion is made-up, but the fact that it exists and that people are good to one another is a miracle. It sort of is more miraculous than the stories of Jesus turning water into wine and all that crap.

http://moreintelligentlife.com/blog/jame...z-composer

I agree with the sentiments that Lopez expressed.

It doesn't sound like any of them are Mormons
Personal Philosophies aside, they do indeed promote a middle of the road view to this religion, one the Mormon church has embraced as per their tracts and advertisements in the play bill.

(December 28, 2014 at 8:35 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:

Mormons ask seek and knock and get a different answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AidgBKGJx-c

They also have a firm belief in turning apart of themselves off
http://youtu.be/JjCfE1n6nW4

a/s/k is the exact oppsite of that.