Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The God of Convenience
Video 
The God of Convenience
[Snip]

In this video I talk about how the Idea of god has changed throughout time to try and work its way around scientific advancement. How much more convenient can god get for the religious until they there is nowhere else for him to hide?
RE: The God of Convenience
There will always be a place for him to hide, as long as adults keep acting worse than children.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

30/30 rule post more before you post videos.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Ignorance of the masses (to me at least) means "god" will prevail.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(December 29, 2014 at 10:09 pm)Mental Outlaw Wrote: How much more convenient can god get for the religious until they there is nowhere else for him to hide?
I think that we regularly see some form of the argument that "god cannot be detected or proven scientifically." From metaphysical to "intuitional" sciences, there is an array of methods by which god can be claimed to exist in a manner that cannot be contested. Which is amusing when you are talking about two separate gods that exist, are exclusive, and yet cannot be unproven. But it quickly becomes futile to discuss the issue with a believer who can dismiss your requests for evidence with a wave of his hand because he doesn't quite understand what presuppositions are.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Jesus Christ: Hide-and-seek world champion, 1,995 consecutive seasons.

(December 30, 2014 at 4:16 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: Jesus Christ: Hide-and-seek world champion, 1,995 consecutive seasons.

Flawless victories no losses wow... when are they going to stop hiding its not fair.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(December 30, 2014 at 4:16 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: Jesus Christ: Hide-and-seek world champion, 1,995 consecutive seasons.

Foul! He has to show up to claim the title.
Otherwise we should crown Ogi daughter of Og, missing and presumed hidden for 51314 years and 4 months.
The current world champion is Richard III.

[Image: 07+Richard+III+1.jpg]
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
(December 29, 2014 at 10:09 pm)Mental Outlaw Wrote: [Snip]

In this video I talk about how the Idea of god has changed throughout time to try and work its way around scientific advancement. How much more convenient can god get for the religious until they there is nowhere else for him to hide?

God hasn't changed, but our perception of him has. Where do I go when science doesn't answer my questions? Should I just remain in the box and hope that someday scientists will give me the answer or should I search in other ways?

Sounds like a sitcom and I hate sitcoms.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]