Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theism/Atheism - Real Definitions
Theism/Atheism - Real Definitions
A overworked topic that some theists (and even atheists) still tend to confuse themselves with. My take on this:

Real Definition of atheism
- lack of belief in a god, that's it. There's no claim of permanence about it.
Like any other issue, belief or lack of belief is subject to change - as the evidence warrants.

Proposed Definition of theism
- belief in a god. Like any other issue, belief or lack of belief should change - as the evidence warrants.
RE: Theism/Atheism - Real Definitions
Practiced defination as per this web site:
Those who hate God and Christianity, and could give two quirts about anything else.

Practiced defination of theist:
Someone who believes in something more than themselves or their fellow man. (Higher power)
(January 6, 2015 at 12:02 am)Forsaken Wrote: A overworked topic that some theists (and even atheists) still tend to confuse themselves with. My take on this:

Like any other issue, belief or lack of belief is subject to change - as the evidence warrants.

Proposed Definition of theism
- belief in a god. Like any other issue, belief or lack of belief should change - as the evidence warrants.

Really???

Dead Horse
(January 6, 2015 at 12:11 am)Drich Wrote: Practiced defination as per this web site:
Those who hate God and Christianity, and could give two quirts about anything else.

Nice fucking strawman.
So, a defination is a bit like a definition, only stupider and more presumptuous?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(January 6, 2015 at 12:02 am)Forsaken Wrote: A overworked topic that some theists (and even atheists) still tend to confuse themselves with. My take on this:

Excuse, a way out of an argument, no belief means can't produce opposing evidence.

Quote:Proposed Definition of theism

We have nothing to worry about, those with no belief can't produce opposing evidence.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(January 6, 2015 at 4:56 am)Godschild Wrote: We have nothing to worry about, those with no belief can't produce opposing evidence.

GC

Exactly. And this is why you all must bow to my invisible dragon, which will haunt you forever in your afterlife if you don't give me all your money.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

After taking 3,572 swings at atheism with a baseball bat, Billy felt like he was swiping at thin air. Enraged, he built a makeshift house out of twigs, planks and newspapers, and wrote "atheism" on it with crayon. He felt much greater satisfaction, and victory, from destroying his own creation. Then he did it again.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 6, 2015 at 4:57 am)Alex K Wrote:
(January 6, 2015 at 4:56 am)Godschild Wrote: We have nothing to worry about, those with no belief can't produce opposing evidence.

GC

Exactly. And this is why you all must bow to my invisible dragon, which will haunt you forever in your afterlife if you don't give me all your money.

I gave it all to God, go get it.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(January 6, 2015 at 5:57 am)Godschild Wrote:
(January 6, 2015 at 4:57 am)Alex K Wrote: Exactly. And this is why you all must bow to my invisible dragon, which will haunt you forever in your afterlife if you don't give me all your money.

I gave it all to God, go get it.

GC

You'll be very sorry, my dragon has no sense of humour is unforgiving when it comes to that kind of mockery.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Even if theism is a failure, it's still superior to atheism R00tKiT 491 33581 December 25, 2022 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Did Jesus want to create a poli-theism religion? Eclectic 83 5918 December 18, 2022 at 7:54 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Ignosticism, Theism, or Gnostic Atheism vulcanlogician 55 3947 February 1, 2022 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Rational Theism Foxaèr 17 5229 May 2, 2018 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Poverty and Theism Flavius 57 15368 April 25, 2017 at 9:56 am
Last Post: Shell B
Question Is theism more rational in a pre-scientific context? Tea Earl Grey Hot 6 1539 March 7, 2017 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  What is your specific level of Theism? ignoramus 26 3357 January 11, 2017 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Atheism and Theism Comparison The Joker 86 11925 November 21, 2016 at 10:52 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  Theism in animal minds watchamadoodle 14 3570 February 7, 2015 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Benefits of atheism and theism robvalue 9 2995 January 13, 2015 at 9:57 am
Last Post: robvalue