Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mind Helping Me Break This Down?
Mind Helping Me Break This Down?
What do you guys think of the following article?

Mankind's Forbidden History Holds the Answer for the "Missing Link"

Quote:Today there exists many alternative theories that aim to explain mankind’s speedy evolution. The Ancient Astronaut Theory is perhaps one of the most controversial of the bunch. This theory takes researchers back in time to the cradle of civilization in the Middle-East, the ancient land of Mesopotamia. The Sumerian Cuneiform tablets, uncovered in the 17th century, provide modern man with a new understanding of our history.

This lost knowledge has been slow to make its way into mainstream thought and is just now beginning to air on television on both the History and Discovery Channels. Accurately decoding the complicated language of the past has taken archaeologists many decades, but fortunately today these ancient scriptures have come to light for all the public to view.
RE: Mind Helping Me Break This Down?
Uh..well.. Just from the source alone, it's a site that is purely anti-vax hysteria, anti-GMO propagandistic, promotes drinking water as a healer of disease, seems to push perpetual motion machines as possible, and has an entire section of the website dedicated to "The New World Order". Just from that, this source seems like a grab bag of the most fanatical pseudoscience and conspiracy theories smashed together under a sleek UI and vaguely hippy-sounding name.

As to the article itself, I'm not sure if the authors understand the first thing about evolution (or anything..at all..in any field..) or how history works (saying "the answer is contained in these unexamined sources, we haven't examined them but we're going to tell you the answer anyway").

I'm going to do some digging on the site and see if they have an article on illuminati lizard CEO's as well.

EDIT: here's a couple cute ones I've found.
1) Alien-Human Battle of 1979 in New Mexico
http://earthweareone.com/alien-human-bat...er-videos/

2) At Least 4 Known Alien Species Have Been Visiting Earth For Thousands Of Years
http://earthweareone.com/at-least-4-know...e-whistle/
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Honestly becca, when I read this...

Quote: Access to scripts such as the Book of Enoch, the Nag Hamadi Gospels, the Book of Jubilees, among other historical texts

... I was tempted to not read any further. Calling these texts historical is as nutty as it gets. Also the mention of the History and Discovery Channel airing shit like this isn't out of the ordinary. Neither the History channel nor the Discovery Channel are doing any research these days. I've watched History channel documentaries where I wanted to crawl into my tv to grab and murder the person responsible for the obvious bullshit.

It's just another lofty theory to smuggle some kind of god concept and sell pseudo as actual science.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
That's cool, guys! Break it down! I'm just curious what everyone thinks. I'm not promoting the article as my own opinion.
(January 7, 2015 at 4:38 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: That's cool, guys! Break it down! I'm just curious what everyone thinks. I'm not promoting the article as my own opinion.

[Image: pile_of_shit.gif]

I don't think I need to elaborate.
It's obviously the Daeniken shit taken to a new level. When I was a child in the 70ies I found Daeniken very entertaining and even worth considering. But then again, my knowledge on space travel was based on watching Star Trek back then.

Ah, yes, the author "a fellow soul searcher" according to his self description also had to add the "forbidden knowledge" as if there's some agency keeping us from the real discoveries.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I stopped at "missing link". There is no such thing in evolutionary science, it's a popular fable from the 19th century, and anyone who uses it is a crank.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

How to Argue with an Ancient Astronaut Theorist
God I hate pseudo science! Argh! Any idiot can be an expert in it.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 7, 2015 at 4:48 pm)robvalue Wrote: God I hate pseudo science! Argh! Any idiot can be an expert in it.

As I've said before, it's such an intellectually lazy approach.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Don't mind me dyresand 0 384 June 10, 2017 at 10:39 am
Last Post: dyresand
  What made you change your mind? pulzar 3 942 May 1, 2017 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
Lightbulb Mind experiment Void 13 3191 March 3, 2015 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome