Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiki entry on Hitler's religious beliefs.
Wiki entry on Hitler's religious beliefs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_v...olf_Hitler

After reading this entry, at best Hitler did what Stalin did if we are going to say he was not a Christian. He learned his own authoritarian rule from his Catholic upbringing. He certainly found it useful

Hitler from Mien Kamp Wrote:The political leader should not estimate the worth of a religion by taking some of its shortcomings into account, but he should ask himself whether there be any practical substitute in a view which is demonstrably better. Until such a substitute be available only fools and criminals would think of abolishing the existing religion.

Wiki on Hitler Wrote:Even after a rupture with institutional Christianity (which he dated to around 1937), Steigmann-Gall saw evidence that Hitler continued to hold Jesus in high esteem, considering him to have been an Aryan fighter who struggled against Jewry.[33] In Hitler's view, Jesus' true Christian teachings had been corrupted by the Apostle Paul, who had transformed them into a kind of Jewish Bolshevism,

It could be argued that Hitler hated religion getting in his way, but he was no atheist and did admire Jesus and blamed Paul(the Jew) for misrepresenting Jesus.

But he was no atheist. At best it seems he simply tried to create his own deistic/cult like version of Catholicism and like Stalin, did learn as a kid how the church's own authoritarian rule could be mimicked for his own personal rule.

I got shit for confusing belt buckles so that means none of the Nazis had "Got Mitt Uns" on them regardless of which sect of Hitler's military, so because of that Hitler was not a Christian.

He was, maybe not in the traditional sense, and he certainly did not like religion competing with the state, but he did not outlaw all forms of it, but like every other aspect of life, that which he saw beneficial to his means he allowed leeway as long as it knew it's place.

His version of "Separation of Church and state" as claimed in this article was nothing like America's First Amendment or the founder's intent. It was tyranny to all aspects of life. But it was the same authoritarian rule that lead Hitler to believe that God chose Germans, the Aryan master race, so it still amounts to authoritarian rule.
RE: Wiki entry on Hitler's religious beliefs.
IIRC, The NAZIs race laws specifically note Christ as Christian, and not Jewish.
I don't see much sense in equating Hitler with Stalin... Even if both were atheists
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(January 8, 2015 at 5:47 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I got shit for confusing belt buckles so that means none of the Nazis had "Got Mitt Uns" on them regardless of whwch sect of Hitler's military, so because of that Hitler was not a Christian.

The "Gott mit uns" belt buckle was a prussian tradition carried over since the 19th century. The conscripts wore them. The SS had a different motto on their belt buckles - "Meine Ehre heißt Treue" which literally translates into My honor is loyalty, which is pretty similar to the semper fi or the marines.

As for Hitler's believes, he saw the churches as political forces and ultimately wanted to get rid of them. He certainly wasn't an atheist as is sometimes claimed. He often spoke about providence. Not only when giving public speeches but also in his private table discussion that have been partly recorded.

(January 8, 2015 at 5:52 pm)Blackout Wrote: I don't see much sense in equating Hitler with Stalin... Even if both were atheists

Hitler certainly wasn't an atheist.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
[Image: m.jpg]

Either Hitler was one shitty atheist or those churchie fucks were pretty good nazis.
(January 8, 2015 at 5:52 pm)Blackout Wrote: I don't see much sense in equating Hitler with Stalin... Even if both were atheists
If for no other reason...simply to bask in the glory of a rare Reverse Godwin.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 8, 2015 at 5:58 pm)Minimalist Wrote: [Image: m.jpg]

Either Hitler was one shitty atheist or those churchie fucks were pretty good nazis.

Both actually. Hitler wasn't an atheist, but he wasn't a theist either. The churches adoring him is because of the bible shit about any leader being a god sent. Of course they didn't extend that courtesy to Stalin.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(January 8, 2015 at 5:58 pm)Minimalist Wrote: [Image: m.jpg]

Both perhaps?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Could be.
I meant that Hitler was like Stalin because both learned from their religious backgrounds prior to power the observation of the authoritarian attitude of obeying God. It really was replacing worship of a God with worship of a state. But in reality neither wiped out religion and didn't hate all religious people as long as they did their bidding.

Actually "Got Mitt Uns" was used by some military under Hilter, the fuckwad I was debating tried to use that mistake to claim Hitler was not a Christian. The slogan was still used under the rule of Hitler regardless of which parts of the military wore it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I knew Hitler was a back stabber but. Brian37 32 1579 July 26, 2018 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Hitler was a Jew that killed Jews, in the name of a Jew? Mystical 11 2375 February 13, 2017 at 8:08 am
Last Post: Alex K