Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
left voicemail for chief of police
left voicemail for chief of police
there is a certain cop that ive seen and he has said some horrible things to me - the first time he saw me was few months ago i said on fb i was going to end it all and the he came and the whole time was talking condescendingly towards me and telling me to grow a pair and man up and then took me to the hospital calling me a pussy the whole time there, and he was like "are u student here? show me your visa." (because i am indian, but not only was i born in the US but I was in the air force straight out of highschool and was discharged with PTSD)

I called the sergeant at the station and he totally dismissed the situation and didn't even apologize, so I just left a voicemail for the chief and im hoping he will at least call me back.

i know that a lot of you guys probably can't understand mental illness because lot of atheists have the whole "you gotta be held responsible" mindset, but nobody has any idea how hard i struggle every single day and I AM in therapy and medication but its still a DAILY battle, and to have it all minimized over my 1 outburst of the year just makes me want to cry nonstop and people like him are the reason i do want to kill myself because i realize not only do i not fit in this life and world, nobody cares about me since my parents passed on and i am 100% alone in this world and i am better off just ending it all.
RE: left voicemail for chief of police
Are you in a tribal area, and is this a tribal police force ?
Umm, I kind of understand that you met some racist pricks, but look around and you will see that racism isn't something affecting you alone. Also he might've been trying to help you in his own way, cause to most people, these depressive suicidal tendencies seem idiotic and irritating, and so they get all angry and irritated over this. Don't take it to heart.

I am pretty sure the cop isn't a counsellor, I'd suggest getting help with your depression from an actual counsellor. He/she can and will help you deal with these types of things much more easily, plus act as a support that you need.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(January 10, 2015 at 11:59 am)Jextin Wrote: there is a certain cop that ive seen and he has said some horrible things to me - the first time he saw me was few months ago i said on fb i was going to end it all and the he came and the whole time was talking condescendingly towards me and telling me to grow a pair and man up and then took me to the hospital calling me a pussy the whole time there, and he was like "are u student here? show me your visa." (because i am indian, but not only was i born in the US but I was in the air force straight out of highschool and was discharged with PTSD)

I called the sergeant at the station and he totally dismissed the situation and didn't even apologize, so I just left a voicemail for the chief and im hoping he will at least call me back.

i know that a lot of you guys probably can't understand mental illness because lot of atheists have the whole "you gotta be held responsible" mindset, but nobody has any idea how hard i struggle every single day and I AM in therapy and medication but its still a DAILY battle, and to have it all minimized over my 1 outburst of the year just makes me want to cry nonstop and people like him are the reason i do want to kill myself because i realize not only do i not fit in this life and world, nobody cares about me since my parents passed on and i am 100% alone in this world and i am better off just ending it all.

I really cannot stand the male attitude of "man up" be it about mental illness but even work in that if you don't move up, or if you are poor or supported somehow you are a looser.

I suffer from depression and anxiety, and right now I am in a very bad spot, as far as being judged by others so it makes me very paranoid. My family and friends who know me don't judge me, but society as a whole is far more likely. I do get it. But before you call it quits I can tell you that I have thought of that myself in the past, but looking back at it now, I would have missed a lot that now I am glad I stuck around.
I'm very sorry to hear of your ordeal, and the difficulty of depression. I know it well, I've been in it's grasps for about 7 years and am battling suicidal thoughts daily. I wish I could give some useful advice, all I can say is keep posting on here and sharing. It's good that you are getting therapy. Keep on battling, we live in hope that things may get better someday.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
nice to see you guys can understand, yes exactly, that's the reason lately i just don't feel like talking to people anymore because as soon as they find out about your illness they start marginalizing you and giving you condescending advice...im just really feeling upset over this ordeal but hoping later today it will blow over and i can stop being upset over it.
A significant number of people who get mental health visits from the cops end up dead so maybe your luck is turning?

Yes. The cop who told you to 'man up' is an asshole. There's a lot of that these days. But if you don't hear from the chief then you need to go over the cops' heads. Even they have a boss. And put it in writing. Phone calls are easily dismissed. Every one knows that letters endure.
(January 10, 2015 at 12:35 pm)Jextin Wrote:
(January 10, 2015 at 12:31 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I really cannot stand the male attitude of "man up" be it about mental illness but even work in that if you don't move up, or if you are poor or supported somehow you are a looser.

I suffer from depression and anxiety, and right now I am in a very bad spot, as far as being judged by others so it makes me very paranoid. My family and friends who know me don't judge me, but society as a whole is far more likely. I do get it. But before you call it quits I can tell you that I have thought of that myself in the past, but looking back at it now, I would have missed a lot that now I am glad I stuck around.

yes exactly, that's the reason lately i just don't feel like talking to people anymore because as soon as they find out about your illness they start marginalizing you and giving you condescending advice as you can see in the above post.

My mom has been financially supporting me, partially for most of my life. I have been out of work for a year and she has been paying my bills the entire time. No I am not draining her account. But there are lots of people who because I have a college education think I am a looser, or would think that.

I am also sensitive and was bullied as a kid and even when I was working the other men at work would treat that sensitivity as bad instead of different.

I am adopted and when I found my biological family, I understood myself better. My older brother and older sister and younger sister have the same issues. It is far too simplistic for those who don't live it to simply say "what is your problem". My older sister has never been able to hold a job for more than a couple months, she is dependent on her boyfriend and kids.

I am lucky I can hold a job much longer, but I have no desire to move up any corporate ladder or manage even a store. The low jobs provide me with time off and now that I take live near my mom it also allows me the time off to take her to her doctors apts and shopping and out to eat. Plus it also allows me to write my poetry.

One thing that does help, even though it sounds hard, is to stop giving a fuck what others think outside those who do not give you a hard time.
Sounds like you are doing a really good job of coping Brian. I'm in a similar situation, still partially dependent on my parents.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 10, 2015 at 12:59 pm)robvalue Wrote: Sounds like you are doing a really good job of coping Brian. I'm in a similar situation, still partially dependent on my parents.

Anyone who wants to live under the stigma of being a 48 year old male having their bills paid for them, is more than welcome to try. I think it is far more important that society support each other than project rolls on each other. That certainly is not a call to everyone to do what I do, there will never be a lack of economic diversity.

In Utah they give homeless homes regardless if they get paid back. The reason, it is cheaper than criminalizing poverty.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thought police? ignoramus 51 6602 April 6, 2018 at 8:06 am
Last Post: Shell B
  The left-right conundrum Excited Penguin 2 799 November 12, 2016 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Jesster