Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
being told to kill myself by someone who supposedly believe in God
being told to kill myself by someone who supposedly believe in God
so today I had someone who supposedly believe in God tell me to kill myself and telling me to fornicate with myself after I disagreed with them on things that they were saying on my comment section on a video I did I responded to them by well that's not a very nice thing for someone how supposedly believes in god to say to someone and her response was " I may believe in God but that won't stop me from telling you a thing or two I hope you get the message... besides you're an atheist anyway so it doesn't matter to you whether you fornicate yourself and kill yourself or not you're going to hell anyways!"
RE: being told to kill myself by someone who supposedly believe in God
How very christian of them.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(January 13, 2015 at 9:49 pm)IATIA Wrote: How very christian of them.

I know rightI know right, well that whole if you look at somebody with anger in your heart then you are murder?with anger in your heart then you are murder?
(January 13, 2015 at 9:49 pm)IATIA Wrote: How very christian of them.

ACtually that seems about par for the course.
Yeah, that's fucked up. But, hateful bullshit is something you sometimes have to deal with as someone who is openly atheist. It's important to not back down imo, though. Keep your chin up and laugh in their faces.
That's what the ignore button is for, buddy. Don't feed the trolls.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(January 13, 2015 at 9:47 pm)mainethinker Wrote: so today I had someone who supposedly believe in God tell me to kill myself and telling me to fornicate with myself after I disagreed with them on things that they were saying on my comment section on a video I did I responded to them by well that's not a very nice thing for someone how supposedly believes in god to say to someone and her response was " I may believe in God but that won't stop me from telling you a thing or two I hope you get the message... besides you're an atheist anyway so it doesn't matter to you whether you fornicate yourself and kill yourself or not you're going to hell anyways!"

Everyone dies, it's just some people are grown up about it.

Relax, enjoy life, eat junk food, eat Michelin-Star food, drink, watch TV, climb mountains, swim, surf, walk, fly, read, laugh, cry, love but don't get caught up waiting for life to get better because you don't get a second bite of this cherry - this is not a rehearsal.

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
(January 13, 2015 at 9:47 pm)mainethinker Wrote: so today I had someone who supposedly believe in God tell me to kill myself and telling me to fornicate with myself
It'd be a lot easier the other way around, though after a good wanking I don't ever feel like killing myself.
Quote:her response was " I may believe in God but that won't stop me from telling you a thing or two I hope you get the message...
Heh, I like that response. "I may believe in god, but that doesn't stop me from being a raging asshole on the internet!"
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Could you show the link to your video ?.
(January 13, 2015 at 10:30 pm)psychoslice Wrote: Could you show the link to your video ?.
30/30 rule. No links yet.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Someone should tell these people Buddha never existed Vincenzo Vinny G. 14 4603 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  If there is a God(s) it/they clearly don't want us to believe in them, no? Duty 12 1405 April 5, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Being can come from non-being Alex K 55 7203 January 15, 2020 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Being cannot come from Non-being Otangelo 147 13425 January 7, 2020 at 7:08 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Who told you that you were naked? Um nobody. Fake Messiah 7 786 March 21, 2019 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: Nakara
  For those who believe the god of abraham was behind the big bang or evolution android17ak47 49 7887 November 1, 2018 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  "Jesus would rather kill, not marry, gay people" - Franklin Graham Foxaèr 724 65353 August 1, 2018 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Religion and health - not exactly what we've been told.... Angrboda 4 733 July 22, 2018 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  It Must Kill These Baptist Shitballs. Minimalist 49 9023 April 17, 2018 at 5:53 am
Last Post: GUBU
  List of reasons to believe God exists? henryp 428 84134 January 21, 2018 at 2:56 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire