Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven" admits he was lying.
"The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven" admits he was lying.
Little Alex, subject of the bestselling (in Christian bookstores at least) book The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven, has admitted that he made the whole thing up.

Quote:"An Open Letter to Lifeway and Other Sellers, Buyers, and Marketers of Heaven Tourism, by the Boy Who Did Not Come Back From Heaven."

Please forgive the brevity, but because of my limitations I have to keep this short.

I did not die. I did not go to Heaven.

I said I went to heaven because I thought it would get me attention. When I made the claims that I did, I had never read the Bible. People have profited from lies, and continue to. They should read the Bible, which is enough. The Bible is the only source of truth. Anything written by man cannot be infallible.

It is only through repentance of your sins and a belief in Jesus as the Son of God, who died for your sins (even though he committed none of his own) so that you can be forgiven may you learn of Heaven outside of what is written in the Bible…not by reading a work of man. I want the whole world to know that the Bible is sufficient. Those who market these materials must be called to repent and hold the Bible as enough.

In Christ,

Alex Malarkey."

What a testimony to the gullibility of True BelieversTM!

Seriously folks - you should have been at least a little suspicious when you saw that his last name is Malarkey, now shouldn't you?

Thinking

Ah, the human brain and its wonderful ability to believe what it desperately wants to be true. Thet thar shore is some intellergint de-sign, yupyupyup.
RE: "The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven" admits he was lying.
Quote:Alex Malarkey."
Haha, what a transparent ruse.

You can safely believe me, though, my last name is Konjob.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

When my kids were six they had great imaginations. Sometimes they could go into great detail. It doesn't surprise me that a child who has just undergone a frightening car accident might invent a heaven/hell scenario if his parents were religious. It isn't lying so much as pretending and having stupid adults for parents. Most parents would assume the child was trying to comfort themselves and not written a book about the event.
(January 16, 2015 at 11:01 am)Nope Wrote: When my kids were six they had great imaginations. Sometimes they could go into great detail. It doesn't surprise me that a child who has just undergone a frightening car accident might invent a heaven/hell scenario if his parents were religious. It isn't lying so much as pretending and having stupid adults for parents. Most parents would assume the child was trying to comfort themselves and not written a book about the event.

Unless, apparently, their name was Malarkey.

Big Grin
The mom has a blog called, Lifes a Journey. It sounds as if part of this announcement is because her son's imaginary trip to heaven goes against her interpretation of the bible. According to her, her son has not gotten any money from the book or movie and money set aside by friends has already gone toward Alexs care.

(January 16, 2015 at 11:08 am)Davka Wrote:
(January 16, 2015 at 11:01 am)Nope Wrote: When my kids were six they had great imaginations. Sometimes they could go into great detail. It doesn't surprise me that a child who has just undergone a frightening car accident might invent a heaven/hell scenario if his parents were religious. It isn't lying so much as pretending and having stupid adults for parents. Most parents would assume the child was trying to comfort themselves and not written a book about the event.

Unless, apparently, their name was Malarkey.

Big Grin

Yeah, that name should have been a big clue. In fact, I thought maybe you had accidentally taken an Onion article seriously and then realized that Alex Marlarkey apparently really exists. Lol
It amounts to if you really want to believe something badly enough you will.
I hope the kid isn't being made to feel guilty. It is the fault of the adults around him that his story was taken seriously.
(January 16, 2015 at 11:22 am)Brian37 Wrote: It amounts to if you really want to believe something badly enough you will.

Amen TM

Is this the "Heaven is for real" kid, or is that an entirely different load of malarkey?
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(January 16, 2015 at 11:28 am)Exian Wrote: Is this the "Heaven is for real" kid, or is that an entirely different load of malarkey?

That kid's name was Burpo.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ex-minister of secretive sect, admits to child sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 151 January 28, 2024 at 10:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  UCKG: Church tells boy 'evil spirit' hides in him zebo-the-fat 1 319 December 11, 2023 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Is there free will in Heaven? zwanzig 54 4262 April 12, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Lying Graufreud 23 2212 August 3, 2018 at 11:03 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Eternity in Heaven - Scary? JairCrawford 47 5382 July 26, 2018 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Randomly cruising the interwebz I came accross...... downbeatplumb 1 644 April 28, 2018 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  lying angel - silly ol' Gabriel - just musings drfuzzy 13 1966 December 24, 2017 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Banned
  Pope Francis -- dogs go to Heaven! Jehanne 34 5443 October 19, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  There is a difference between salvation, and the rewards of Heaven Drich 45 13554 July 31, 2017 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Drich
  Jesus already came (at lest for some) Fake Messiah 60 15148 July 22, 2017 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Astonished