Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science discovers envy
Science discovers envy
In a new paper (6-2013) scientists found that the brain is a very complex activates during envy, Blood flows through the active parts of the brain depending on the emotional state of the person. When you are happy, the brain is active in a few specific parts and be easy to distinguish happiness regions in the brain.

While when you are sad, the brain suffers from additional efforts where the most active regions and straining dramatically, so scientists are advised not to grief in order to avoid damage to brain cells and cause premature aging disease or memory loss.

The envy scientists have noted that it hurts the brain and cause a personality disorder and a brain in the case of envy confusing and difficult for scientists to distinguish envy areas.
[Image: 130619195137-large.JPG]

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...195137.htm

http://www.livescience.com/37603-brain-s...tions.html

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...104354.htm
Science discovers envy
You make me brain do what think a lot it was especially now I see the way the scientist makes a slippery thing happen.
RE: Science discovers envy
So essentially, the findings are that different emotions cause different levels of activity in different parts of the brain.

If youda ast me, I coulda told ya.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Or you can believe in Jesus or Allah, which reduces your brain's need for blood to zero, and you will never worry about what scientists say is happening inside your brain.
Can it measure subjective experiencce which causes envy?
Yeah, why not?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Great.
Currently we have equipment with insufficient resolution to find detail in so complex a state as envy. But just wait, it's coming.
I do remember seeing a report on a project where they were going for a complete map of the hypothalamus through digitization of serial sections, every dendrite and synapse. I think it was for a mouse. Even if they succeed, they're going to have to model the membrane and synapse chemistries to get a digital synthetic working model. It's a long way to go.
Back a while, within my memory, the differential equations (Navier-Stokes) for fluid flow around complex objects like wings couldn't be solved so aeronautical and marine engineers had to build models for wind tunnels and flow tanks. Then computational fluid mechanics was developed.
There are parallels in the progress of these processes.

I prophesy that somehow you're going to wrongly find that full models of neural correlates were predicted in the Koran. You should start looking now, before science runs past you again.
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Science of Why We Don’t Believe Science FifthElement 23 7691 June 25, 2013 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Rahul
  Science Laughs: Science Comedian Brian Malow orogenicman 4 4267 December 10, 2010 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Lethe