Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
He May As Well Fuck With Their Heads
He May As Well Fuck With Their Heads
http://apnews.excite.com/article/2015011...9698b.html

Quote:WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama will call for increasing taxes on the wealthiest Americans by raising the capital gains rate and eliminating a tax break on inheritances, then using the revenue to fund new tax credits and other cost-saving measures for the middle class.

Coming after his idea for free Associates Degrees at community colleges maybe he'll get a few republicunts to die of strokes?
RE: He May As Well Fuck With Their Heads
I hope he throatfucks them with it.
(January 18, 2015 at 12:58 am)Minimalist Wrote: Coming after his idea for free Associates Degrees at community colleges maybe he'll get a few republicunts to die of strokes?
Hell, they may as well be free, they're worth precisely zero dollars anyway - bought time we payed for precisely what we get.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Associate, is that what you get when you spend 2 years at a community college?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Yeah. Basically a high school refresher. Argue

I'm guessing you're not from the US, so, to sum it up. An associates is generally the program that poor people take at their local cc (or sometimes at a cc a bit further afield) that has some affiliate agreement with a larger college. Do your time in CC, get decent enough grades to qualify for solid financial, shoot for a bach/masters at a "real" college.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 18, 2015 at 8:37 am)Rhythm Wrote: Yeah. Basically a high school refresher. Argue

I'm guessing you're not from the US, so, to sum it up. An associates is generally the program that poor people take at their local cc (or sometimes at a cc a bit further afield) that has some affiliate agreement with a larger college. Do your time in CC, get decent enough grades to qualify for solid financial, shoot for a bach/masters at a "real" college.

It is what my son did before he entered a four year college and what my daughter is doing now. For poor and lower middle class kids, community college can be the first step to a better future. Community colleges also teach things like welding for kids that don't want to go onto a four year college
I don't agree with your assessment, Rhythm. Around here the CCs have three different types of programs. Transfer programs, which you mentioned. These are good because they cost half what a four year school does. That's what I did when I got out out of the army, and it sure helped stretch my military benefits long enough to get a four year degree. Continuing education for those that need to pick up a new skill like project management. And finally two year programs that train technicians, welders, machinists and mechanics. The last part is where we disagree. Yes, you can pick up most of those types of job skills in other places such as the military or even in high school if you start technical school early enough, but the military and high school technical programs don't train nearly enough people with those types of skills.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
I'm an unapologetic cynic...what can I say? I did my time for a transfer and I would never tell a person not to go....I just like to help people set realistic expectations for the investment. If you're committed enough to spend two years, do the extra two. I offer this advice as someone who didn't follow it, btw, I'm an engineering washout. Hindsight, lol.

(where I'm from, all of those positions listed for tech programs are crewed by highschool dropouts, btw - as I understand it, other places have higher standards...in which case..gotta get that cert, eh - but those certs can be and often are cheaper elsewhere-? Neither CC nor the tech programs have any value beyond the goal that they are required to achieve, and it is a bit of a dicking, to pay for that in this...-the best country in the world, period-. A 4 yr is marketable no matter what -and might be worth paying for even with no specific goal in mind. Then again...soooo many BA's, and isn't that what makes an AA worth less and less?)

Let me put this a different way. When wages stagnate but tuition continues it's inexorable march upward - that's a racket. It might be an unavoidable racket, it might be the best option available.......it's still a racket. I'm not detracting from what anyone's son has done, or what anyone has done themselves - we make the best of our situations and that's awesome.......but that doesn't change whether or not it's turned into a racket. We're paying more and more for something that is worth progressively less and less. At some point, you have to weigh your investment against other options (and even for the poorest of us, if you have tuition money you have options..even if it's loaned money). I get a better return on strawberries than my peers who finished their programs (accounting for our relative level of debt, the majority of which is shared between us - I went out of pocket too) - just for flavor, and now...when I'm not doing that...I'm -managing- engineering grads. I think our ed system is failing us, personally. I don't lay that on the people who seek the degrees or the certs - they are, to some extent, being sold a bill of goods in this current economy. If a person knows what they want and they know what they're getting into, a dry appraisal, awesome. It simply hasn't been my experience that this is a good description of an 18yr old degree seeker. Those life sized posters at the CC depicting AA's as guys in stiff shirts doing easy work for "good life money" - that shit is ad copy.
(January 18, 2015 at 8:37 am)Rhythm Wrote: Yeah. Basically a high school refresher. Argue

The one real benefit of a community college -- at least when I went to one a few centuries ago -- is that the smaller class sizes give you more facetime with the professor.

The CCs in California offer a range of classes that go well beyond HS stuff. Where do you live, Florida or something?

All I know is that the tech schools in NH are actually superior than UNH if you want to do anything aside from research. They use modern tools and teach modern approaches. When I was a CS student at UNH, we were using some mutant, non-standard version of C++, and it sucked. We were taught OOP syntax, but used objects procedurally. If I had known that Stratham (which would later be called SNHU) would make me more likely to actually get a job upon graduation, I would've gone there instead.

Same thing happened with my sister-in-law's brother, who's about 10 years younger than me. He started at UNH, found that they were way behind the times and sucked, went to SNHU, and graduated writing programs more advanced than what most UNH students had to do. He then got his BS from UNH simply because it's better for his resume.

So, yeah... not all CC's are the same. Some are actually very good at what they do, and pump out people ready and able to join the workforce.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are religions that preach inequality for women and gays, traitors to their country? Greatest I am 129 5846 February 8, 2021 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 10078 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Fuck them BrokenQuill92 1 424 October 27, 2020 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Sal
  Sounds Like Joe Biden "grabs 'em by the *****" as well... ReptilianPeon 16 1391 March 31, 2020 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Theresa May resigning as PM Rev. Rye 17 1878 May 26, 2019 at 4:38 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Theresa May seen off the coast of Blackpool Cod 0 325 March 11, 2019 at 10:10 am
Last Post: Cod
  What is that fat Orange fuck hiding ? GODZILLA 35 2893 February 18, 2019 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Well Well Well What Do We Have Here Amarok 14 1185 December 4, 2018 at 6:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Two Old Pros - Doing Their Thing Minimalist 8 1050 November 28, 2018 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Judge Tells The WLB to Go Fuck Himself Minimalist 0 872 October 25, 2018 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist