Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girl dies of stupid parents
Girl dies of stupid parents
http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/aboriginal/maka...-1.2829885

[Image: makayla-sault.JPG]
Quote: Makayla was given a 75 per cent chance of survival when she was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) in March. 

After Makayla said she had a vision of Jesus in the hospital, she wrote a letter to her doctors asking to stop treatment.

there are no known cases of survival of this type of leukemia without a full course of chemotherapy treatment.

Dafuq is WRONG with people?! Where we're the parents? Why did nobody sit down with them and say "if she does this she IS going to die."

Chemo is horrible, and scary as all fuck. OF COURSE SHE WANT TO STOP IT! that's where as a parent, you have to nut up and BE a parent.

My brain is full of fuck. This poor girl was let down by her parents, her Dr's and the system. Oh and the fucking woo salesmen who told them there was an alternative. This fucking stinks.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
RE: Girl dies of stupid parents
And they blamed it on the chemotherapy? Seriously?

What were they thinking? She hallucinated a zombie rabbi, so we should discharge her despite her terminal illness? Who are these people?
The parents should be held accountable for her death. She is not of an age to make that kind of decision. This is bullshit. There may be good reasons to refuse treatment, but this is not one of them. Yet more harm religion does.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Moments like this is why I think you should have to pass an exam and 4 months of coursework before you're allowed to breed.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(January 21, 2015 at 5:41 am)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/aboriginal/maka...-1.2829885

[Image: makayla-sault.JPG]
Quote: Makayla was given a 75 per cent chance of survival when she was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) in March. 

After Makayla said she had a vision of Jesus in the hospital, she wrote a letter to her doctors asking to stop treatment.

there are no known cases of survival of this type of leukemia without a full course of chemotherapy treatment.

Dafuq is WRONG with people?! Where we're the parents? Why did nobody sit down with them and say "if she does this she IS going to die."

Chemo is horrible, and scary as all fuck. OF COURSE SHE WANT TO STOP IT! that's where as a parent, you have to nut up and BE a parent.

My brain is full of fuck. This poor girl was let down by her parents, her Dr's and the system. Oh and the fucking woo salesmen who told them there was an alternative. This fucking stinks.

Example of a *TRUE CHRISTIAN *

Hope she's with jebus

(January 21, 2015 at 7:49 am)Bad Wolf Wrote: Moments like this is why I think you should have to pass an exam and 4 months of coursework before you're allowed to breed.

Agreed. Plus a mandatory mental health assessment test.
Honestly, those christian parents who don't do anything about their child's illness should have their kids taken away immediately. When their child is sick some of these guys just say "eh, god's will" and let it be. Or start "faith healing" a.k.a. sitting around doing nothing.
(January 21, 2015 at 5:41 am)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: Where we're the parents?
I thought you were a doctor of sorts... lots of actual writing go into that... why did you add that ' in there?

[/Grammar Nazi!]

(January 21, 2015 at 5:41 am)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: My brain is full of fuck.
Oh..... that's why... ok, carry on.

(January 21, 2015 at 5:41 am)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: This poor girl was let down by her parents, her Dr's and the system. Oh and the fucking woo salesmen who told them there was an alternative. This fucking stinks.

It is allowed... so it gets done, every once in a while.

On the plus side, as a species, do we want bad genes to grow up until they're given a chance to breed?
I mean... requiring chemo before ten!!... bah
The human species, as a whole, is becoming less and less able to cope with genetic problems and other diseases without medicine.
This, in a post-apocalyptic scenario, represents big trouble ahead.

[thread derailed yet? - rage on]
Sometimes I think we should just murder some people, then I realize that'd make me christian.

Poor kid.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Quote:In July, Makayla travelled to the Hippocrates Health Institute in Florida and took its three-week "life transformation program." A CBC investigation revealed that Hippocrates is licensed as a "massage establishment," and is being sued by former staff who allege the company's president Brian Clement is operating "a scam under Florida law" and practising medicine without a licence.

Looks like Jesus isn't the only one to blame.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The parents should be charged with child abuse. This little girl died needlessly. Cases like these should get a lot of publicity so that the next parents will hesitate to pull this crap.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things atheists say: Goatherders Data 45 1754 September 18, 2023 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Twelve religious group members arrested over Australian girl's death zebo-the-fat 2 691 July 6, 2022 at 2:40 am
Last Post: Brian37
  This Is Stupid Even For A Catholic School BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2192 September 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Damned STUPID Priest yesterday . . . drfuzzy 102 7208 December 6, 2018 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Should I tell my parents I faked being christian? Der/die AtheistIn 26 5670 January 15, 2018 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? Der/die AtheistIn 120 22889 January 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Do Christian Parents Abuse their Children? Bow Before Zeus 177 27231 November 29, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Shell B
Sad My parents have gone off the deep end Tea Earl Grey Hot 25 6069 March 8, 2017 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  There's a Reason Why Christians do Stupid Things Rhondazvous 37 6948 October 26, 2016 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  9-year old girl hearing voices of the Devil. Jehanne 103 13853 July 19, 2016 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: account_inactive