Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sons of Liberty
Sons of Liberty
Holy hell...what a pile of dogshit this thing is.

It reminded me of Braveheart in a way. Whereas Braveheart did the Battle of Stirling Bridge without the bridge these assholes did the Battle of Concord Bridge without the bridge. They also ignored the British retreat along the Battle Road totally. Walt Disney did a better job on Bunker Hill in the 50's!

The History Channel should stick to Ice Road Truckers and Pawn Stars. And they should change their name to the Bullshit Channel.
RE: Sons of Liberty
I'm surprised you bothered, really.
It's like watching a car wreck.
The history channel is a car wreck. Especially when it comes to European history.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
There is only one sons of liberty

[Image: Metalgear2boxart.jpg]
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Exactly like a train wreck. At one point my wife asked why I continued to watch, having long grown tired of me hurling comments such as "fucking imbeciles", "morons", "liars", "dumb cunts", etc. at the TV. My reply? Only to see how absurd it could actually get. I was not disappointed in this regard.

The History Channel knew, which is why several times a night we were invited to go to their website to discover what really happened. I am confident that I'm not included in the target audience. i suppose I can hold out hope that the looseness with facts and gross misrepresentation of its central characters was enough to peak the interest of some to seek out the actual history.

I amuse myself actually by being honest enough to admit what bothered me the most. As if everything else wasn't bad enough, I simply couldn't tolerate the British marching in half step everywhere to the sound effects used for Cybermen; so fucking annoying.
I'm guessing aliens are going to show up in the season finale.
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
I kept waiting for General Gage to show up with a Snidely Whiplash mustache.

[Image: SnidelyWhiplash.png]
(January 28, 2015 at 9:38 am)Blackout Wrote: There is only one sons of liberty

[Image: Metalgear2boxart.jpg]

I had the same thought!

I was ready for some discussion about the 12 Patriots, maybe some talk about child soldiers and even some Shadow Moses vs Big Shell debate.

Hard to believe it's been more than 13 years since that game came out!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(January 28, 2015 at 12:42 pm)Cato Wrote: As if everything else wasn't bad enough, I simply couldn't tolerate the British marching in half step everywhere to the sound effects used for Cybermen; so fucking annoying.

Don't you want to be upgraded?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sons of Gods and Bitches Minimalist 6 1642 December 24, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist