Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Checkmate Atheists: you don't exist
Checkmate Atheists: you don't exist
Quote:You and I are here at Friendly Atheist for one reason only: because we secretly believe in God.

Deep down, we all know we hate the Almighty (who is totally real) so much that we deny his existence by attacking him.

Well, Keith Thompson is onto us. After he saw the viral video of Stephen Fry responding to a TV interviewer who asks what the comedian would say to God if the two were to meet, Thompson, who runs Reformed Apologetics Ministries in Canada, is convinced that there are no atheists. To prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt, he’s come up with a little video of his own.

http://youtu.be/TXpObHT7lCg

Here is a man who calls himself an atheist, and claims he does not believe God exists. Yet…he can’t help but rail against God with utter hatred, so much so that he shows that he believes God exists, and hates him!

A lesser man than Thompson would’ve said that Fry was just answering the interviewer’s hypothetical, but let’s admit it: the minister’s Spear of Heavenly Truth has pierced our Armor of Angry Denial. In other words, the jig is up, people.

While [Fry] speaks about moral issues such as suffering of children, he fails to recognize [that] in atheism, there is nothing wrong with that. All you have is some random, young, biological meatsack, who by chance appeared on this random planet called Earth, whose brain is interpreting sensations in a certain way, due to nerve pathways to the brain. Why is this wrong in atheism? You see, he’s assuming humans have value and dignity, that unnecessary pain is wrong, even though his worldview doesn’t justify this. Only Christianity does, by noting humans are created with value in God’s image, with dignity, and that unnecessary pain is wrong due to an objective moral standard.

So he borrows from the Christian worldview in order to attack it, because deep down he knows God, depends on him and can’t function in this world without doing so. …

Fry’s comments really serve as clear proof that people who claim to be unbelievers are in reality people with fallen natures, which caused them to hate their God — just as holy scripture says.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...ont-exist/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Checkmate Atheists: you don't exist
I can rail against the actions of Lord Voldemort too, using the framework of the Harry Potter series to make my argument. Doesn't mean he's real either.
[Image: 5cf829606e18166f272f1e770d9f4efb59dfc33e...912b2f.jpg]
For the record: yes. Now all you butthurt christians can go home. You're embarrassing yourselves.
Of course I secretly (oops! that cat's out of the bag) believe in God! Just so I can hate him.

As a Tool of Satan (Satan's Tool - hmm, maybe a new band name), I have to believe in God to hate him!

For the record, I'm not very fond of Darth Vader either.
Claudius is an incredible dick. But then again, so is Prince Hamlet. And yes, pointing out that these allegedly fictional characters have severe character flaws obligates me to believe that they really existed as Shakespeare presents them. While I'm at it, I have a bone or two to pick with Chicken Little.

Don't these apologists have anyone in their lives -- a spouse, a friend, someone -- willing to say, "Um, that's really stupid; don't write that."?
Well...this will come as a surprise to the missus.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Keith Thompson is just saying that because he secretly believes there isn't a god, and he's angry that he can't force himself to believe in god. Rational thought is a product of atheism, and so he's forced to borrow from our worldview when he attempts to make a rational chain of thought, showing that he really knows that we're right, and is suppressing the truth in unrighteousness.

Actually, the english language and the internet also belong to atheists. I just decided that, right now; Thompson just can't stop stealing our concepts and things!
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
I like how even if you follow this utterly moronic way of thinking, this still doesn't work. "It's not possible he's just answering a hypothetical because I SAY SO!" "This one guy supposedly secretly believes in God, therefore all of them do!"
If everyone believes in god, then it seems their work is done and they can all go home now, right?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What they don't teach you in Sunday School LinuxGal 19 1210 September 25, 2023 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
Brick If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist zwanzig 738 37311 June 28, 2023 at 10:48 am
Last Post: emjay
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3911 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  On this world if humans ceased to exist would god cease to exist? brewer 58 12310 November 24, 2017 at 3:17 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheists don't realize asking for evidence of God is a strawman ErGingerbreadMandude 240 27781 November 10, 2017 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3328 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Hell and God cant Co-exist. Socratic Meth Head 440 45260 June 22, 2016 at 8:15 am
Last Post: madog
Shocked Proof that god, exists. Checkmate atheists! Christian Poe-try 25 8071 May 31, 2016 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
Video He does exist...... ronedee 33 4581 May 7, 2016 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Ignorant apologetics aside, your god does not exist. Foxaèr 10 2501 April 16, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Mystic