Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another manufactured country controversy
Another manufactured country controversy
This was on my Facebook wall.

http://qpolitical.com/they-told-brad-not...hole-room/

Apparently they want to make it out like atheists were upset that mr Paisley mentions Jesus and doesn't like gays. But I have to say, who the fuck cares? Half of country music is about God, why would I be upset or surprised by it? And am I supposed to be surprised he's an anti-gay bigot? I don't care. I just don't care.

Give me the Pogues. Now that's a band.
RE: Another manufactured country controversy
Country music is very christian, so Brad's opinion isn't surprising. Much of the older half is about cheating and abuse. Make of that what you will.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Fucking hell. The amount of dick sucking in that article is unbearable.
(February 5, 2015 at 1:43 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Country music is very christian, so Brad's opinion isn't surprising. Much of the older half is about cheating and abuse. Make of that what you will.

I knew there was a reason I hated that cowboy shit.
(February 5, 2015 at 1:57 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(February 5, 2015 at 1:43 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Country music is very christian, so Brad's opinion isn't surprising. Much of the older half is about cheating and abuse. Make of that what you will.

I knew there was a reason I hated that cowboy shit.

I too have always loathed country music just because it is an awful irritating sound that offends my ears. That is also seems to be the choice of awful people seems about right.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

A song titled “I’m Still (Not a Gay) Guy”

The lady doth protest...
"Don't say Jesus in your song" is not the same as "You'll sell more albums if you don't say Jesus in your song."
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
The comment section on that page.... makes me wonder how effective a self-lobotomy would be Undecided
(February 5, 2015 at 4:23 pm)LostLocke Wrote: The comment section on that page.... makes me wonder how effective a self-lobotomy would be Undecided

I got to "amen to those who love in the name of JESUS" and gave up.
I need to keep my blood pressure low.
Guess you have not seen Brokeback Mountain. Naughty
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump threaten to flee the country Anomalocaris 40 2987 October 21, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Your country's economy in a nutshell ignoramus 28 2166 July 21, 2019 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Cod
  what do you guys think about this controversy surrounding the March for Life? Drich 46 2976 January 28, 2019 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Another day another mass shooting in America downbeatplumb 35 4558 August 29, 2018 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Another Day, another derogatory book about Trump. Jehanne 25 2332 August 13, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Way to go Country Music. Brian37 0 427 March 5, 2018 at 10:29 am
Last Post: Brian37
  What is the controversy surrounding #takeaknee ErGingerbreadMandude 327 38463 October 9, 2017 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Another Day - Another Leak Mexico Isn't Paying For The Fucking Wall Minimalist 28 6937 August 7, 2017 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Dropship
  Taiwan is the first Asian country to legalize gay marriage Foxaèr 10 4791 May 24, 2017 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Would the WLB Sell The Country Out? Minimalist 2 793 May 22, 2017 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie