Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A personal story...
Thumbs Down 
A personal story...
I go to a Catholic school (yes I know, shitty) and the first Wednesday of every month, we have mass at the school gym and all the students attend to it. I hate going. Not only because I think they are full of shit, but also because I think masses are very depressing and boring.

We have different priests sometimes. There is this dumbass priest that is such a jackass. He was talking about how most people today don't believe in God and he said "Being an atheist is considered intellectual, well, let me tell you one thing, THEY are the ones that are idiots!!" I just wanted to stand up and say "Yet you believe in something there is no proof of". I swear man...

Has anything like this ever happened to you??
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people."
RE: A personal story...
Luckily for me no, but you have my greatest sympathy. Religious ritual and preaching is the height of ridiculous ego massaging and reality denial. To see adults getting so angry about atheists is very sad, and it's clearly because they feel threatened and have no rational defence whatsoever.

Sorry you have to go to a catholic school, that must suck balls. At least you know that will end eventually.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Not personally, but if anyone says it again to you, you might want to consider countering with Matthew 5:22 which says in part "And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell."
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Naw. Did you ask for cheese with your crackers?

If you want my advice to make masses funnier, realise that you're looking at a fat guy in a dress. It helped me.
(February 13, 2015 at 2:15 am)EccentricAlien Wrote: I go to a Catholic school (yes I know, shitty) and the first Wednesday of every month, we have mass at the school gym and all the students attend to it. I hate going. Not only because I think they are full of shit, but also because I think masses are very depressing and boring.

We have different priests sometimes. There is this dumbass priest that is such a jackass. He was talking about how most people today don't believe in God and he said "Being an atheist is considered intellectual, well, let me tell you one thing, THEY are the ones that are idiots!!" I just wanted to stand up and say "Yet you believe in something there is no proof of". I swear man...

Has anything like this ever happened to you??

You are not alone. Not me personally, but many atheists have been stuck in religious families and or stuck in religious schools. Best thing is to put up with it until you can get out on your own, stay in school, keep your nose clean.

If you need a place to vent, you have that here.
(February 13, 2015 at 2:15 am)EccentricAlien Wrote: He was talking about how most people today don't believe in God and he said "Being an atheist is considered intellectual, well, let me tell you one thing, THEY are the ones that are idiots!!" I just wanted to stand up and say "Yet you believe in something there is no proof of". I swear man...

Watch this, it'll make you feel better:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1b2_13201...comments=1
You know who and what you are, which is great. You won't be brainwashed like most people there.
I do wonder, are there any students with the same ideas about atheism as yours? I think it might be helpful if there are people around that share your ideas, even if it is only one or two.
...and you believe that their is proof in the atheist world view of orgins?

I believe your are confusing the defination of the work 'proof' for interpretation. Look it up, proof is something that CAN be verified (like the existence of God.) while interpretation and theory (as per the two defining theory's of atheistic belief) are just that. They are unconfirmable belief based on interpretation of what one personally considers evidence.
I always just zoned out during chapel in school. It was dull and I has other stuff I could think about.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get your story straight LinuxGal 1 947 November 29, 2022 at 5:26 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] The Story John 6IX Breezy 115 9709 November 21, 2022 at 12:39 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  What do Catholics think of Frollo from "Hunchback of Notre Dame" story? Woah0 2 621 August 26, 2022 at 9:46 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
Thumbs Down The story of Noah' s Ark - or - God is dumber than you. onlinebiker 75 6799 September 24, 2021 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The ridiculous story of the temptation of Jesus Simon Moon 24 2547 March 4, 2021 at 6:05 am
Last Post: GUBU
  angel story video form Drich 107 10182 April 23, 2020 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Drich
  The Jesus story has details that is most definitely made up i just realized!!! android17ak47 126 9043 October 12, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  How much of my personal experience should I tell the world? Der/die AtheistIn 10 1396 January 18, 2019 at 8:08 am
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  Personal evidence Foxaèr 19 6013 November 4, 2017 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: c152
  Truth in a story which is entirely dependent upon subjective interpretation Astonished 47 5999 January 10, 2017 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet