Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 1:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I guess this is where I start?
I guess this is where I start?
Hello all,
Thanks for having me, feel free to check out my profile if you'd like to get a peak at who I am, I actually have a lot on my mind , and was referred to you by a dear friend. I plan to breech many topics , some serious, some silly, some that I just wonder if anyone else's thought process is as bizarre and random as mine? I look forward to bending your brains to my will and vice versa ! What's on my mind right now? Godliness ? Godlessness ? Prose, Poetry, Art, Music ???? Nothing so deep at the moment .... I have been a Tolkien fan since the age of 13. have read the books and seen the movies time and time again ... as I lay awake this morning , I watched them again in a TBS marathon and a question came to me that never has before ... perhaps it has crossed your mind and you can help me sleep tomorrow ...

After 9 and a half hours of the most arduous, tortuous, and perilous of journeys ever described, Frodo has destroyed the ring in the fires of mount doom and is lying on a rock surrounded by lava dying ....

At this point Gandalf sends a giant eagle who plucks him up and returns him to Rivendale .... my question ?

Why the hell didn't he ride the dam eagle FROM Rivendale to the mountain, drop the ring , ride home and be done with it in the first place .... 900 pages reduces to a nice little 30 page short story about a hairy midget with some recycling to take care of ???? Smile

Wychdoctyr
RE: I guess this is where I start?
Hey there whychdoctyr, welcome to the forum Smile

I'm a big LOTR fan too, and I had the exact same question! The Eagles seem to be the instant "win" play in any situation, but they only use them when in dire emergencies. I suppose the story would have ended before the second film started, but it is rather a big plot hole! Get Sauron looking one way and fly the eagles in the other. Whet they gonna do about it? Hehe.

I look forward to reading some of your thoughts!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(February 13, 2015 at 7:37 am)robvalue Wrote: Hey there whychdoctyr, welcome to the forum Smile

I'm a big LOTR fan too, and I had the exact same question! The Eagles seem to be the instant "win" play in any situation, but they only use them when in dire emergencies. I suppose the story would have ended before the second film started, but it is rather a big plot hole! Get Sauron looking one way and fly the eagles in the other. Whet they gonna do about it? Hehe.

I look forward to reading some of your thoughts!

Hi Robvalue, you are actually the EXACT person I was told to contact here buy my friend Emily ... and I found you Immediately??? I look forward to bending your brain on the atheism stuff, that's who I ask her to put me in touch with. Soo great to meet you , will add you to buddy list , hope you do the same and we will talk soon !! thanks for the reply ... also planning to have a look at your blog , but its smoke and bedtime . well met my friend!
Cool! I thought you might be from your intro Smile Good to see you! It was nice of her to direct you here. It's a lovely place, I'm sure you'll get a lot out of it.

Great, yes please do check it out! It's still in its infancy, I have endless amounts more to add to it, when my energy levels permit. But any feedback is most welcome. Sure, I'm always happy to chat, and to discuss whatever you like!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Welcome

The eagles are the real heroes, IMO.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Welcome, o bender of minds!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Welcome Smile I never thought about the Eagle question. Here is a link to a discussion of that issue and various explanations.
http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Eagles
Welcome, Whychdoctyr! Clap Clap
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I bid thee, welcome

[Image: 1213621832476_f.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello again i guess? SlowCalculations 8 933 May 31, 2019 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Alan V
  So where to start? HansZarkov 29 4676 March 14, 2018 at 7:20 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My Introduction, I guess NickPercent 18 3496 January 27, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Antares
Bug I guess I should intro Monkeybuttorama 21 3855 May 26, 2017 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Caligvla XXI
  Yeah, I'm a Pratchett nut, how'd you guess? GUBU 16 2967 September 13, 2015 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  So I guess I'm an Atheist? Shinagami 83 10317 August 30, 2015 at 8:28 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  I guess I should introduce myself cocunningham 26 3825 May 31, 2015 at 12:49 am
Last Post: Secular Elf
  I guess I'm agnostic? gubeym 19 3709 May 27, 2015 at 1:11 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  I'm back, I guess. Endo 17 3076 July 25, 2014 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Hey everyone looking for a fresh start teslafie 3 1180 July 1, 2014 at 8:17 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko