Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:54 am

Poll: The main points of Christianity
This poll is closed.
Has the material human timeline proven Christianity to be false.
100.00%
6 100.00%
The material timeline has exposed what is true Christianity therefore those who follow the main points will be vendicated in the future by Jesus return.
0%
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The main points of Christianity?
Question 
The main points of Christianity?
Hello all segments of humanity,

These are the main points of Christianity in which I have put together concerning my proposed manuscript(book):

1. Jesus commands all believers (Body of Christ), NOT to raise armies for self-defense! No standing military! (Hypocritical to even be in the military in the first place). Atleast, Islam commands Muslims to fight(Qital=Actual Arabic word for physical fighting),(Don't worry, I will also critique Islam in another post).

2. Jesus commands all believer to struggle economically to the point of death! (The rewards of the hereafter is much better than this present life! by the way, this was hinted in the Book of Acts).

3. Jesus commands believers to not build a temple in Jerusalem nor support its rebuilding because he says in the Book of Revelation(Also hinted in the Book of John) that HE is THE TEMPLE! (What is the point of Zionism??? The previous eludes to the conclusion that Zionism is counter to the true teachings of Jesus or what is printed in the New Testament atleast).

4. All the previous points are the precursors of TRUE CHRISTIANITY because these are also signifiers of Jesus' supposed return. In other words, it is the final sign that his message is supreme and above all other messages because through death there is victory ...ofcourse according to the teachings of Paul (and even John in the Book of Revelation).

I will not point out the obvious contradictions between Paul and John(the subject of eating foods sacrificed to idols which were throughout the Roman empire), in which I have found between them. I just wanted to show the inherent and impossible task of Christianity within this modern time template. There is ofcourse the command of women not to speak in congregations and the permissibility of slavery by Paul.

We all know the contradictory actions throughout the historical timeline: Crusades, Inquisitions, Zionism, and the Prosperity Gospel(which is simply the permission of the hoarding of wealth by supposed Christians which negates the goal of sacrificial death to return to Jesus Holy spirit).

I will now post a critical question(s)...
RE: The main points of Christianity?
(February 14, 2015 at 7:44 pm)CristW Wrote: Hello all segments of humanity,

These are the main points of Christianity in which I have put together concerning my proposed manuscript(book):

1. Jesus commands all believers (Body of Christ), NOT to raise armies for self-defense! No standing military! (Hypocritical to even be in the military in the first place). Atleast, Islam commands Muslims to fight(Qital=Actual Arabic word for physical fighting),(Don't worry, I will also critique Islam in another post).

2. Jesus commands all believer to struggle economically to the point of death! (The rewards of the hereafter is much better than this present life! by the way, this was hinted in the Book of Acts).

3. Jesus commands believers to not build a temple in Jerusalem nor support its rebuilding because he says in the Book of Revelation(Also hinted in the Book of John) that HE is THE TEMPLE! (What is the point of Zionism??? The previous eludes to the conclusion that Zionism is counter to the true teachings of Jesus or what is printed in the New Testament atleast).

4. All the previous points are the precursors of TRUE CHRISTIANITY because these are also signifiers of Jesus' supposed return. In other words, it is the final sign that his message is supreme and above all other messages because through death there is victory ...ofcourse according to the teachings of Paul (and even John in the Book of Revelation).

I will not point out the obvious contradictions between Paul and John(the subject of eating foods sacrificed to idols which were throughout the Roman empire), in which I have found between them. I just wanted to show the inherent and impossible task of Christianity within this modern time template. There is ofcourse the command of women not to speak in congregations and the permissibility of slavery by Paul.

We all know the contradictory actions throughout the historical timeline: Crusades, Inquisitions, Zionism, and the Prosperity Gospel(which is simply the permission of the hoarding of wealth by supposed Christians which negates the goal of sacrificial death to return to Jesus Holy spirit).

You need to study christianity a lot more because none of the points on your list are main points - or even points of christianity at all.
What is a material timeline? The actions of Christians since the creation of the religion in no way impact the truth of Christianity. Either Jesus existed or he didn't. Either he was divine or he wasn't. No other actions are relevant.
I agree with the other two responses. If you want to understand the meaning of Christ Jesus, look at how Restorative Justice works.
Justice is not yet proven to exist, and certainly hasn't come back for all humanity. Same with Jesus.
But people still believe in Justice and try to work toward establishing this. and same with Jesus.
So how people act can prove injustice exists, and the effective means of Restorative Justice can show how injustice can be overcome
and turned into healing relations and rebuilding civil society. But we cannot prove that this is the meaning of Jesus until all people agree
that is the point and the spirit to live by, in order to achieve equal justice and peace for all humanity. this isn't proven yet, doesn't mean it isn't.
Proving Christianity false is a tricky subject. If you mean proving crucial events didn't happen, or crucial characters never existed, then that is impossible. You can only conclude that there is no good reason to believe they did happen/exist. Which has been well established. Even if you allow a historical Jesus, a God jesus has no merit, neither does God or the other supernatural stuff.

As to the main points of Christianity, that is just as troublesome. All we have in reality is the bible. This is so contradictory and just plain wrong in places that it's impossible to form a coherent message. And given 40,000 sects of Christianity or something, christians clearly cannot agree on what the main points are either. So either it's false, or God has sent the messages in such a terrible way as to be interpreted in almost any fashion.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Quote:Justice is not yet proven to exist, and certainly hasn't come back for all humanity. Same with Jesus.

Nitpicking is something I do, and this is something I thought I'd make a small comment on. There is a difference between saying Justice is not shown to exist and Jesus is not shown to exist. Justice is a concept, a value that we hold as the basis of morality. It's not a physical thing. Saying you can't prove justice exists is like saying you can't prove math exists, or you can't prove ethics exist.

Jesus was a person, or a group of people who were congealed into one via mythologizing history. Either he existed or he didn't. It's pretty clear that the Jesus of the gospels DID NOT exist, but did a philosopher of his type exist at the beginning of Christianity to give birth to the figure portrayed in the gospels? Possibly. There were a lot of them in the area at the time.

As to the OP, I've given it some thought. First, I don't think those are the main points of Christianity. Some of them aren't even implied by Jesus. Not wanting people to be covetous and wanting people to help the poor is not the same as telling people to be starving beggars. The points listed don't prove the religion false, the fact that none of it happened does that just fine enough.
The main point of Christianity is redemption.
Didn't see that in your list above.
Wonder why.
Christians are a very frustrated people. They want nothing more than for jesus to come back so they can all shout in unison "Ha! We told you so!".
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
To redeem himself to save us, um, er, uh, from himself ??

Jesus coming back and doing the prophesied bit just proves god is a narcissistic nutball.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 14, 2015 at 7:44 pm)CristW Wrote: Hello all segments of humanity,

If you're going argue Biblical scripture, you may want to reference where these "points" are located. As I recall, none of this exists, not your description of it anyway.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6787 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Christianity vs Gnostic Christianity themonkeyman 12 8496 December 26, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Moderate Christianity - Even More Illogical Than Fundamentalist Christianity? Xavier 22 18325 November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)