Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Needed: A new sub-subforum: "Skepticism, Pseudoscience & Just Plain Bat Shit Crazy"
Needed: A new sub-subforum: "Skepticism, Pseudoscience & Just Plain Bat Shit Crazy"
I hate to complain, but there have been some threads in the "Skepticism & Pseudoscience" sub forum which have tarnished the good name of Pseudoscience.

Ask yourself this: does intuitional science really rise to the level of a bonafide pseudoscience? It is at best 10% science and 90% pseudo.

The proponents of bat-shit crazy deserve a forum where they don't have to be judged by the standards of pseudo-anything. There was once a poster here who who tried his best to dress his crazy up to appeal to those inclined toward science. I say he deserves more from us, something 'special'.
RE: Needed: A new sub-subforum: "Skepticism, Pseudoscience & Just Plain Bat Shit Crazy"
The "making shit up" sub forum? Yeah I can dig that Smile I find that kind of "science" very easy to do. It's amazing what you can prove in just five minutes.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Needed: A new sub-subforum: "Skepticism, Pseudoscience & Just Plain Bat ...
(February 15, 2015 at 2:31 pm)robvalue Wrote: The "making shit up" sub forum? Yeah I can dig that Smile (...)

Wait, isn't the whole "religion" cathegory enough 'shit made up' for you guys? Big Grin
RE: Needed: A new sub-subforum: "Skepticism, Pseudoscience & Just Plain Bat Shit Crazy"
I thought "Bat Shit Crazy" pretty much covers everything at AF . . .

Have you looked over the 3 word synopsis lately ?

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

We don't need batshit crazy we have it covered in the Christian and Muslim threads.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I would like to see a sub-forum on economics
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

RE: Needed: A new sub-subforum: "Skepticism, Pseudoscience & Just Plain Bat ...
I like reading about cranks. "Skepticism, Pseudoscience & Cranks" ?

Riketto could be the signature member.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
How do skepticism and pseudoscience go together anyway?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Probably just the appropriate stance toward pseudoscience?
I second your suggestion

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How I Learned to Love Pseudoscience vulcanlogician 25 3292 October 13, 2021 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Punk Rock Skepticism chimp3 2 770 August 17, 2017 at 10:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Pretend skepticism snerie 2 755 June 18, 2017 at 5:16 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Teaching skepticism mihoda 14 2082 January 22, 2017 at 6:35 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Acupunture - pseudoscience? mcolafson 54 11415 December 6, 2016 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Agnostic Skepticism- My Views RiddledWithFear 76 9329 November 17, 2016 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Pseudo-skepticism chimp3 0 971 July 21, 2016 at 4:43 am
Last Post: chimp3
  What is a pseudoscience? carusmm 10 1955 May 31, 2016 at 8:51 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Pseudoscience and/is the God Claim Jenny A 2 1833 July 16, 2015 at 4:22 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Bill Nye on Pseudoscience Tea Earl Grey Hot 0 1135 May 14, 2014 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot