Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damned Racists
Damned Racists
It's time for a special thread - given the levels the US is sinking to.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/texas...gh-school/

Quote:Texas students flash ‘White Power’ signs during basketball game against mostly-black high school

Quote:Students, parents and school officials are at odds over a racial incident at a high school basketball game in Lewisville, Texas on Friday night.

According to WFAA Channel 8, the game was between mostly-white Flower Mound High School and mostly-black Plano East High.

During the game, students in the home team Flower Mound’s cheering section held up signs that said “White Power.” They were caught on camera and the image went viral on the social medium Twitter.
RE: Damned Racists
How about racism combined with a staggering ignorance of anything cultural or religious?

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/swastika...ell/nkB68/

Quote:Bothell police say whoever spray-painted a Hindu temple with a swastika and the words “get out” may be responsible for a similar message at a nearby junior high school.
On Sunday morning, two swastikas were found spray painted on buildings at Skyview Junior High School, according to Bothell police. KIRO 7 saw graffiti that read “Muslims get out” near a swastika on the building.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(February 17, 2015 at 2:58 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: How about racism combined with a staggering ignorance of anything cultural or religious?

Extreme racism is pretty much invariably connected with extreme stupidity. Why do you think they are racist in the first place? It isn't from being brilliant.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Flower Mound High School ??

Sounds especially faggy to me.

ROFLOL
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 17, 2015 at 2:58 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: How about racism combined with a staggering ignorance of anything cultural or religious?

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/swastika...ell/nkB68/

Quote:Bothell police say whoever spray-painted a Hindu temple with a swastika and the words “get out” may be responsible for a similar message at a nearby junior high school.
On Sunday morning, two swastikas were found spray painted on buildings at Skyview Junior High School, according to Bothell police. KIRO 7 saw graffiti that read “Muslims get out” near a swastika on the building.

Will the swastika ever return to its' original meaning? I did a mural on the wall of my 2nd bedroom that showed Ganesh trapping a storm spirit with one hand, holding his symbols in another, embracing the wall electrical socket with the third and holding up the fourth showing a right-facing swastika (crossed lightning bolts) on his palm, and the only thing that registered with people was 'nazi'. Yes, the elephant headed god of nazis - people, go figure.
My book, a setting for fantasy role playing games based on Bantu mythology: Ubantu
Maybe some high school kids think its funny to do that, but that hardly proves the U.S. is a racist country.
A lot of Texas public school kids are really dumb. Here (Watch it. It's one of the funniest news reports ever):
http://youtu.be/bsgpv4Ulg60

Go to a soccer match in Europe and listen to how they call any black player a "monkey," among other things, and you'll see we are not racist here at all comparatively.

"Wham!.....felt like a needle goin' in."
(February 20, 2015 at 11:58 am)dennyg Wrote: Go to a soccer match in Europe and listen to how they call any black player a "monkey," among other things, and you'll see we are not racist here at all comparatively.

Firstly everyone in the world but Americans call it football not soccer.
Why you decided to call rugby with padding football I don't know.
Anyhoo. Chelsea fans aside, Britain is a much more tolerant land than the US.

Where even the racists at least acknowledge that's what they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBeeZVd6urI

Which shows a level of self awareness.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(February 20, 2015 at 11:58 am)dennyg Wrote: Maybe some high school kids think its funny to do that, but that hardly proves the U.S. is a racist country.

No, but our foreign policy does.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(February 20, 2015 at 12:10 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
(February 20, 2015 at 11:58 am)dennyg Wrote: Maybe some high school kids think its funny to do that, but that hardly proves the U.S. is a racist country.
No, but our foreign policy does.

Another thing to keep in mind is that these kids probably were just fucking with the mostly black school. I grew up in Texas, and there is some real racism no doubt, but not normally from younguns. I remember that during high school sports events a lot of us just got hammered and yelled whatever we thought would get in the heads of the other team. When you're sixteen and drunk and the most fun thing in the world is trolling opposing schools' athletes then there's not much of a filter

For example a friend in college went to a high school that played the school in that video. They made signs saying "I was talkin' to my ex-girlfriend," and other things the kid in the video said whenever the two met
http://www.ferris.edu/jimcrow/question/oct12/index.htm
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Official "Damned Trump" Thread Foxaèr 4318 330582 December 8, 2022 at 5:45 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Official 'Damned Cruz' Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 103 4721 April 9, 2021 at 4:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Damned if you do, damned if you don't. onlinebiker 37 2503 August 7, 2019 at 5:25 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Damned Racists, Vol II Minimalist 323 26519 August 3, 2019 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Damned Republicunts Minimalist 1793 278922 March 27, 2019 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  White liberals are the true racists Sammin 55 4323 October 23, 2018 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Damned Texans Minimalist 201 30169 March 31, 2017 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Damned Depolorable Drumpfucks Minimalist 104 11182 November 8, 2016 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Damned FOX Minimalist 169 31053 October 15, 2016 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Damned Lawyers Minimalist 2 718 July 28, 2016 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Angrboda