Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My humble apologies
My humble apologies
I'd just like to take some time to apologize for my lastr few posts here on this forum. I grew increasingly hostile because I was, at the time, in a bit of a frustrated state. I woldn't call it depression or melancholy, just stagnation, really. Still, it doesn't excuse my behavior and, I apologize.

One thing interesting I've found is that, upon coming out of this funk, I have found myself looking at things a tad bit differently now. I'm no atheist, for sure, but I've come to regard atheism itself as a little bit more rational than I once thought. I've also come to terms with the fact that, Christianity is just not for me. I understand it, but could never call myself Christian, based on that understanding.

For now, I guess I'm just my own kind of religious. Smile

I would definitely like to apologize specifically to tavarish for my extremely self-righteous and rude attitude. You were right about some things, and I did become extremely rude to you. For that I am sorry.

I have some new ideas that I want to bring up here on this forum, so I'm kind of hoping I can 'start over' so to speak. Hence why I posted this here. If it doesn't belong, please go ahead and move it. Smile Thanks!
RE: My humble apologies
Wow. Well this week has just been fucking weird. The non-stop questions about leo's ban, TruthWorthy reconverting to Catholicism, and Watson deconverting from Christianity.

You lose some, you gain some. Tongue

I'm thinking about becoming a Mormon...
^I've noticed! The tide's are turning this week in an extremely strange way, haha. Though I wouldn't say I'm deconverting, since I was only tentatively stepping into Christianity on my own. I found it just doesn't work for me. Tongue

Adrian, if you become Mormon, I'm building an alien invasion survival shelter. God knows(unintended) that that's just as likely. xP
I think Scientology is probably the most likely religion you'd need an alien invasion survival shelter for Tongue
Adrian, I saw that exact picture of the Eagle Nebula in your avvie up in the science wing of my high school the other day and thought of you. Tongue Can Scientology even be considered a 'religion' aside from doctrine? I mean, it doesn't even have a 'God', per se, does it...?
Don't think about me! Think about the awesomeness of the universe! Tongue

...but seriously, only Arcanus is allowed to think about me...and I know he does.

I think Scientology is more of cult than a religion; I'm not sure they have any specific beliefs about the universe (i.e. purpose, nature, etc). All their beliefs focus on is how to get rid of alien ghosts that inhabit our bodies.

As for having a God, that all depends on what you think of L. Ron. Hubbard Tongue
Arcanus<->Adrian<->Watson love triangle?

Oh dear, wtf have I just said?

Scientologists are batshit, alright. I definitely see the distinction of their being a cult rather than a religion, because the doctrine's set up by LRH are meant specifically to whore money from its followers and keep them 'in line' so to speak. Not that a lot of other religions don't fall into that same trap...

Still, I'm a lot more concerned with what I'm doing to impede my progress in life than are some crazy ass alien ghosts inside my body. xD
You're a strange duck, Watson.

Try not to change.
Strange people are smart people. The so-called 'normals' are the ones who are really fucked up. Big Grin

EDIT: Is it or is it not the most ironic thing ever that I misspelled 'normal' in this post?
Yay! Go Watson Big Grin