Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you support euthanasia?
Do you support euthanasia?
For people who are terminally ill, that have no future, and no hope for recovery, and are suffering day and night for months to years, do you think they should have the option to end their lives via euthanasia?
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

-- Book of Pinkie Pie 7:3
RE: Do you support euthanasia?
Yes. I think everyone has the right to bodily autonomy, and that includes choosing to end his or her own life.
Yeesss!

(Because apparently "yes" was too short.)
I certainly do. I think it is sick that someone can be told they have to carry on living no matter how much they are suffering.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Of course.

If the state wishes to force me to live to the last possible day, then it can goddamned will pick up the tab, at least. Denying me the right to end my life when and as I see fit is one thing; forcing my family into penury by such denial is horseshit.

If life is that precious to the state, let it pay for our last days. If the state isn't willing to pay for the treatment, it should not be able to dictate it.

It makes me angry that people go on about the "right for life" when what they really mean is they want the right to force people to live. If one of these people were to actually feel the pain, misery and hopelessness of someone with a terminal disease, they'd change their stance pretty fucking quickly. It's easy to judge from the outside.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
My Life, My choice.

But I don't support euthanasia, it's too hard to spell, I vote for a change of term.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I tell you what I don't support. People who think that every change in law leads automatically to a series of other changes in law which don't logically follow, as if the legal system is nothing but a domino rally.

I support putting those people in cupboards.

Index of my best videos
(February 18, 2015 at 3:01 am)robvalue Wrote: I tell you what I don't support. People who think that every change in law leads automatically to a series of other changes in law which don't logically follow, as if the legal system is nothing but a domino rally.

I support putting those people in cupboards.
I don't support the people who think laws cannot and shouldn't change. Laws are made for our convenience and have to change and adapt along with society. It's not like our laws came from a guy who heard it from a disembodied voice in his head, while standing near a bush on fire....
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Totally agree, that is ridiculous. Society changes, and problems with laws can become apparent over time that weren't initially thought of. To stubbornly stick to old laws is counter productive.

Index of my best videos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First World problems getting you down? We're here for support. ignoramus 68 7345 June 18, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Insomniac support and tips Jackalope 88 10958 June 14, 2017 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Regina
  A Way to Support Me FREE Book Offer Rhondazvous 9 2633 March 14, 2017 at 3:13 am
Last Post: AceBoogie
  The bragging and mutual support thread bennyboy 72 8102 October 6, 2016 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Joods
  need a little support - bad boss day drfuzzy 21 4791 February 28, 2016 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  I think I need to establish a support group and maybe find a mentor... LivingNumbers6.626 3 1147 January 14, 2015 at 6:54 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Nazi photos Hitlers support for the Church Big Blue Sky 19 7674 August 19, 2013 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: Chas
  Extending euthanasia to minors L.A.F. 36 15642 May 2, 2013 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  Looking For Support In Recovering From My Dreadful Religious Past CoolBoy 4 1956 July 18, 2010 at 2:32 am
Last Post: LastPoet