Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any of our resident Aussies in the path of this?
Any of our resident Aussies in the path of this?
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/austr...rs-ashore/

Quote:Australia braces for ‘calamity’ as massive tropical cyclone Marcia roars ashore

Hopefully your weather forecasters are as over-the-top as ours and they are over-stating the problem.

Hopefully.
RE: Any of our resident Aussies in the path of this?
No mate. That is Queensland, "The Sunshine State" and no I think a Category 5 cyclone is no overstatement. This one, Marcia, made landfall at Yepoon, near Rockhampton where my brother lives. There is another cyclone "Lam" being a nuisance over the Northern Territory eastern islands not as bad because of lower population densities of the Gulf of Carpenteria

https://www.facebook.com/28storms/photos...=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3...rilEbg&s=1

Actually, it's about time our cyclone season got started. It's been really slack this year
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Tropical storms already over there? In the land of Florida, we have mid forties weather thanks to cold fronts.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Worst case scenario: if the cyclone utterly devastates Queensland, the damage could total as much as six hundred dollars.

Boru

(kidding, neighbours. Be smart and safe if you're in the path of this thing).

Boru

(February 20, 2015 at 6:58 pm)Sionnach Wrote: Tropical storms already over there? In the land of Florida, we have mid forties weather thanks to cold fronts.

Round planet. Summertime, here.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 20, 2015 at 6:58 pm)Sionnach Wrote: Tropical storms already over there? In the land of Florida, we have mid forties weather thanks to cold fronts.
The cyclone season is November-April. (Although realistically it's more like December-March).

And please for the love (or lack of) God, use Celsius or kelvin to measure temperature.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
You guys hunker down, and stay safe.

*Looks around..*

Nope, still in Colorado. Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aussies and Americans no longer "Best Friends" The Valkyrie 43 12342 June 21, 2017 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Were any of our Cat fanciers involved? brewer 1 690 November 23, 2015 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Longhorn