Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loving Him means loving "them"
Loving Him means loving "them"
Excerpt:

Quote:You’re at the supermarket buying ingredients for dinner, and suddenly into the isle walks one of them. It’s obvious that he subscribes to a different lifestyle than you, one that is unbiblical and immoral. You try not to make eye contact as you examine the prices of cream of chicken soup, but he comes closer. “Excuse me,” he says as he reaches past you for an item on the shelf.

What goes through your mind? Do you stand still, hoping you don’t have to engage him at all? Do you look for an escape so that you can get to an isle full of “normal” people? Allow me to pull a dated Christian phrase off the shelf: “What would Jesus do?”
http://afa.net/the-stand/homosexuality/l...ving-them/

Wow. What a judgmental twat. It's just obvious that he has a different lifestyle. Do all Christians come equipped with gaydar? Do they see a v-neck and say, "AHA! Sinner!" I just hate hit pieces like these. They constantly try and make gay people out to be some disease-infested leper that must be avoided at all costs. Oh, the gay is reaching past you for a shelf! Hold back your vomit, dear Christian, and pray that the gay doesn't latch onto you like a flea!

The piece is ostensibly about Christians needing to love homosexuals despite their imagined sins, but the contempt and hatred on display sheds light on what this guy and people like him really think. They can claim otherwise, claim that they love gay people in the way that Christ loves them, but it's bullshit. You can't sit down and write this kind of bilge without having serious hatred coursing through your godly, black heart.

The rest of the article refers to people in the LBGT community as though they are some kind of animals. He goes on to say that "it’s very hard for a 'good church-going person' to live alongside these people in peace". In peace? So, what they really want to do is be violent because they're faced with something they don't like? Also, he used the old, trusty "these people" line - always a favorite one group which absolutely abhor another.

I can't stand to see people vilified in this manner, but this is the AFA we're talking about here. Its acolytes barely qualify as human.

Anyway, I just wanted to vent. Oh, yeah. He also asks in the second paragraph, "What would Jesus do?"

He'd spell "aisle" right, you fucking cretin.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin
RE: Loving Him means loving "them"
Oh, gay people.

I thought he was ranting about menstruating women at the Piggly Wiggly . . .

Undecided
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 21, 2015 at 12:26 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Oh, gay people.

I thought he was ranting about menstruating women at the Piggly Wiggly . . .

Undecided
Oh, I'm certain they don't like that one bit either. After all, dogs can smell very well so I'm sure they would know immediately.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Ah, I thought this was about atheists.

What a thoroughly vile person. Homophobia (and that's what it is, irrational fear prompting defensive hostility) makes me sick.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Quote: It’s obvious that he subscribes to a different lifestyle than you,

omg nooo!!!!11! kill it, kill it with fire!!1!
I wish twats like that really would piss off to an isle filled with so-called "normal" people just like him. They'd be dead from disease and starvation in six months, leaving their share of oxygen to far more deserving creatures like fleas and rats.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(February 21, 2015 at 4:51 am)Stimbo Wrote: I wish twats like that really would piss off to an isle filled with so-called "normal" people just like him. They'd be dead from disease and starvation in six months, leaving their share of oxygen to far more deserving creatures like fleas and rats.

In Brighton he'd be the abnormal one.

I love Brighton by the way, it has some great shops.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Quote: When Christ found you broken in your sins did He pass you by with a disgusted look on His face? Did He look away uncomfortably and escape to hang out with “clean” people? He did none of those things. He died for you, adopted you, took away your filthy rags of sin and self-righteousness, and gave you His own clothes.

You're a sinner. A filthy sinner. You're broken and sick. You need help. You don't deserve to be better. You're unclean.
But we can heal you. And for only 9,99$...

I'm about to fucking puke, this is so disgusting.
Quote:The story is told of a young preacher in Wales in the mid 1800’s by the name of Robert Murray M’Cheyne. He served in the town of Dundee, which was filled with poverty and drunkenness.

Or in fact Scotland.
Are you implying that the guy might not know what he's talking about or something?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UCKG: Church tells boy 'evil spirit' hides in him zebo-the-fat 1 319 December 11, 2023 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Rainbow (He/Him/His) No penis, identifies as a male Nihilist Virus 25 1810 April 17, 2021 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  didnt want to necropost: what completing the law means. Drich 18 1264 May 12, 2020 at 10:51 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Too Late Fucktards. You Own Him Now. Minimalist 10 1472 October 10, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2646 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  A Loving God Lek 299 28980 October 3, 2016 at 12:31 am
Last Post: Arkilogue
  A loving person Foxaèr 44 4794 September 27, 2016 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Sterben
  How Do Christians Know When God Is Speaking to Them? Rhondazvous 70 9609 July 5, 2016 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  God said People who have Flat Noses Canot Serve Him Rhondazvous 177 20332 May 3, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  By all means, please take Christianity seriously Cato 13 3746 June 6, 2015 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Spooky