Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any gear heads in here?
Any gear heads in here?
I was just wondering if there are any other car nuts in here.

I have a heavily modified Lexus SC300 now, and I used to have a Maxima, just as extensively modified.

Here's a Maxima of the Month article featuring my car:

http://www.vqpower.com/v2/news.php?readmore=189

I'm on more car forums than I can count. Anyone else wrench?
RE: Any gear heads in here?
Nope - I am a reluctant car mechanic, only able to make things work when I really, really need it.

Computers, on the other hand, come naturally.
Yeah, I end up jerry-rigging everything together with whatever I can find (epoxy, hotglue, various nails screws and pins, and solder), so its probably better that I don't work on my car.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

I only fixed stuff on the 4x4 when trial riding. Most of the time my friend handled those things.

I build other things.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Before I had my Supra I knew very little, after it left I was at the point of changing the head gasket Great
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
I work for a mechanic in town. I mostly pass and clean tools and simple jobs such as changing oil. once in a while, i get to help disassemble or rebuild an engine while learning about the different parts.
Nope here too. I've made bits and wish I knew more.

Awesome stuff Tav Wink
(March 16, 2010 at 3:14 pm)Darwinian Wrote: Before I had my Supra I knew very little, after it left I was at the point of changing the head gasket Great

Supraforums.com is my second (or third) home. I'm on the Off Topic section all the time. I'm also doing the cheapest 2jz-gte build of all time. I'm hoping for 650whp for around $1k.
"Gear head' is a new term for me. I thought it might be slang for drug user. So no, I'm not.

I've had 5 cars.My current is a 2 litre Hyundia,which I like a lot .(apart from it's tendency to speed all by itself,which results in embarrassing conversations with police officers on motor bikes and nasty fines.)

I've only had one car which I absolutely loved; A Datsun 1600,which I bought new in 1972. That was more fun to drive than any other car I've owned,by a country mile (especially through the hills).
(March 16, 2010 at 9:17 pm)padraic Wrote: "Gear head' is a new term for me. I thought it might be slang for drug user. So no, I'm not.

I've had 5 cars.My current is a 2 litre Hyundia,which I like a lot .(apart from it's tendency to speed all by itself,which results in embarrassing conversations with police officers on motor bikes and nasty fines.)

I've only had one car which I absolutely loved; A Datsun 1600,which I bought new in 1972. That was more fun to drive than any other car I've owned,by a country mile (especially through the hills).

I found a Datsun 1600 at the back of a shop, it looks like a lot of fun. I've always wanted a little roadster to whip around the corners.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any financial guru's here? Brian37 108 6950 March 12, 2020 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Thumbs Up Any welders here? onlinebiker 11 630 January 23, 2020 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Any 3D printing geeks here? ignoramus 15 1103 June 4, 2019 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  COKE HERE, GET YOUR COKE HERE.... Brian37 7 983 March 3, 2019 at 8:16 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Any Environmental Watchdogs here? onlinebiker 6 877 December 9, 2018 at 12:38 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Any good barbecuers here? Brian37 22 2233 August 8, 2018 at 9:10 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Just a heads up Edwardo Piet 18 2188 December 1, 2017 at 5:13 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Any motorcycle lovers here? ErGingerbreadMandude 16 2358 October 7, 2017 at 8:58 am
  Any Fifa 18 players here? Arsoo 1 350 September 30, 2017 at 8:05 pm
  Does Anybody Around Here Have Any Dignity? laserthought 17 1566 August 17, 2017 at 6:11 am
Last Post: Cyberman