Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 12:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Problem with Animated Bible Stories
The Problem with Animated Bible Stories
http://m.mic.com/articles/111216/the-bib...d-passages

Interesting article.

[Image: 7o0pb7lacpnxbcblynzjvckbgvxi6p8dvttiyeji...orucbj.jpg]
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
RE: The Problem with Animated Bible Stories
Noah's going to have a problem when it comes to the lions...

[Image: funny-Noahs-Arc-lions-male.jpg]

Also, this is a little too specific to be a 'general' rule, I get the feeling someone is inappropriately living out a bad experience here...

"If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity. — Deuteronomy 25:11-12"
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
Nonsense. It is clearly a regular enough occurrance to justify it's own rule. Surprised you've not come across it.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(February 26, 2015 at 9:42 am)ManMachine Wrote: Also, this is a little too specific to be a 'general' rule, I get the feeling someone is inappropriately living out a bad experience here...

"If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity. — Deuteronomy 25:11-12"

I was just wondering myself what the origin of this one must have been. I imagine some old Jew getting into a fight with another guy, and when that dude's wife came up and clamped onto the old Jew's dick to stop the fight he was like, "Okay, God just revealed a new law to me!"
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Yeah.. biblical stories are not exactly ponies and unicorns farting rainbows and holding hands jumping over the sun material.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(February 26, 2015 at 11:23 am)Faith No More Wrote: I was just wondering myself what the origin of this one must have been. I imagine some old Jew getting into a fight with another guy, and when that dude's wife came up and clamped onto the old Jew's dick to stop the fight he was like, "Okay, God just revealed a new law to me!"

I think you have that reversed. What happened was she grabbed the other guys' cock and told her husband, "wow, he has a bigger schlong than you!"

Guys hate that. Hence the law was written.
article Wrote:Jesus didn't say anything about same-sex relations: "Get behind me, Satan!" — Matthew 16:23

Priceless! It reminds me of the SMBC comic where someone says the Bible claims gay sex is preferable (love your neighbor as yourself).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 43909 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  There will be fewer "cousin" stories in the future, I think. Gawdzilla Sama 0 495 December 15, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Saints With The Best Stories BrianSoddingBoru4 18 1784 November 15, 2019 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Pagan influences on the biblical stories of Jesus' life Panatheist 53 13179 April 11, 2016 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Oh NOES! Talking Animals In Fantasy Stories Nope 13 2844 February 27, 2015 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Illinois bible colleges: "We shouldn't have to follow state standards because bible!" Esquilax 34 7406 January 23, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Top Ten Persecution Stories of 2014 Foxaèr 7 2840 January 11, 2015 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Fairy Tales, Bible Stories, and AWANA Raevoryx 7 2246 August 18, 2014 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  If Jesus was just a man, why all the stories? 1tasolo 38 9022 January 31, 2014 at 8:43 am
Last Post: catman
  Over 30 Creation Stories StoryBook 5 2567 January 11, 2014 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: Minimalist