Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Will
Free Will
gogreen18 used to be my favourite YouTube atheist. Now she's released this video:
[youtube]cbtIyCF4V1M[/youtube]
Eurgh............determinism.
RE: Free Will
And your problem with that is? So Laci made a video you don't agree with, it doesn't deteriorate the other vids she made.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Course not; I'm just a bit disappointed she has such a strange view of free will. I've never understood why people have denied free will, and her examples were easily contradicted. Sure, her brother could refuse to eat the banana, but due to his free will he could go against all the environmental and biological forces and actually eat it. That is the thing Laci seems to ignore.
Good point. It's just the "used to be" in your first message I found odd. I usually don't like TAA for instance but some videos from him I find brilliant.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Well, "used to be" is correct seeing as I probably favour Pat Condell or Thunderf00t more. Unfortunately Laci seems to have fallen in with the Determinism crowd, which is rather silly in my opinion, not only because it denies everything we currently know about the universe, but because it is more in-line with a whole "omniscient creator" image than anything.

In fact I have a hard time trying to understand how atheists (or indeed intellectuals) can argue for determinism, especially given the strong evidence to the contrary and the brilliant arguments used in Daniel Dennett's book "Freedom Evolves".