Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proof we Live in a Simulation
Proof we Live in a Simulation
The leaf blower. This thing is just too stupid to exist as anything but a bad joke in somebody's simulation. It stretches credibility too far to think that some deranged person thought up such a thing, actually built it, mass produced it and most incredible of all, people buy them.

You have this machine that makes so much noise, it disturbs the peace of an entire city block. It spews out more pollution than a dozen cars too and probably ruins the back of the user. And for what? To blow away a mess so it isn't here anymore. Now the mess is over there. Not for long though because the guy over there will get out his mechanical asshole and blow the mess somewhere else. And on it goes.

We are either living in a simulation or the fucking leaf blower is the stupidest fucking idea ever conceived in the history of humanity. It even has religion beat. I am against the death penalty but I would make an exception for the bastard that invented this thing.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
RE: Proof we Live in a Simulation

/thread
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
You make a good point. Probability wise, a simulation has to win out!

If you need more proof:

We round 0.5 up to 1. But if you generate a random number between 0 and 1, the probability you round up is still only 50% and not very slightly higher! Wow.

Also there are two ways to express every number in standard base 10 format, except for recurring decimals featuring a digit from 1 to 8.

Simulation! These things are weird.

Don't get me started on quantum mechanics! Because I don't know much about it.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Yeah, that whole superposition thing seems gratuitous.

And what else is the light speed limit of special relativity but a means to keep us from covering too much of the map in too short a time such that the simulation as time to reload!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(March 5, 2015 at 1:00 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: The leaf blower. This thing is just too stupid to exist as anything but a bad joke in somebody's simulation. It stretches credibility too far to think that some deranged person thought up such a thing, actually built it, mass produced it and most incredible of all, people buy them.

You have this machine that makes so much noise, it disturbs the peace of an entire city block. It spews out more pollution than a dozen cars too and probably ruins the back of the user. And for what? To blow away a mess so it isn't here anymore. Now the mess is over there. Not for long though because the guy over there will get out his mechanical asshole and blow the mess somewhere else. And on it goes.

We are either living in a simulation or the fucking leaf blower is the stupidest fucking idea ever conceived in the history of humanity. It even has religion beat. I am against the death penalty but I would make an exception for the bastard that invented this thing.

Ah no, you see a blown leaf becomes someone elses problem.
You may have just moved the leaf, but the point is it now longer is in your way or on your lawn.
Until of course there is a light breeze.
But if there is a breee strong enough to move leaves you would not be out artificaily creating another slight breeze, that would be the essence of pointlessness.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

The speed of light thing is a dead giveaway.

Oh noes! The simulation can't cope with a number bigger than that or update quick enough! But what if something going 3/4 speed of light hits something else going 3/4 speed of light in the other direction? Buffer overflow! Relative speed still just one c. What the fucking arse wank is up with that. It's 1.5c go get the upgrade you twats, that little flashing icon at the bottom. You're killing us here. How will we ever get to the other end of the Galaxy with your crappy engine?

And quantum mechanics! Uhh... Yeah.... We don't have enough memory to like store every position and speed and stuff, so we wait until they measure a particular bit, then make it up. The rest of it we just sort of hope they don't look too closely.

It's a simulation, we're a digital nightmare.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(March 5, 2015 at 1:00 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: The leaf blower. This thing is just too stupid to exist as anything but a bad joke in somebody's simulation. It stretches credibility too far to think that some deranged person thought up such a thing, actually built it, mass produced it and most incredible of all, people buy them.

Hahahahahaha! Great. How about the hand dryer? It basically doesn't get your hands dry unless you have 30 minutes to spare. Even if the idea is that it's more sanitary somehow it just really spews whatever dirt you have on your hands into the air for you to breath.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(March 5, 2015 at 1:10 pm)robvalue Wrote: You make a good point. Probability wise, a simulation has to win out!

If you need more proof:

We round 0.5 up to 1. But if you generate a random number between 0 and 1, the probability you round up is still only 50% and not very slightly higher! Wow.

Not if its VAT.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

Ah shit. You got me there.

Funnily enough I'm studying bookkeeping right now Big Grin

Index of my best videos
(March 5, 2015 at 4:19 pm)robvalue Wrote: Ah shit. You got me there.

Funnily enough I'm studying bookkeeping right now Big Grin

Oh cool. I'm at the first stage of professional CIMA exams at the moment.

Are you studying to be an accountant?

I'm a qualified bookkeeper so if you need any advice or whatever hit me up ^_^

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The reason we live nessahanalita 2 375 February 8, 2021 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
Video Do we live in a universe where theism is likely true? (video) Angrboda 36 11285 May 28, 2017 at 1:53 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  What do you live for? Sappho 73 10099 September 11, 2015 at 8:09 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Why Live a life? intellectual atheist 31 3581 July 21, 2014 at 2:29 am
Last Post: intellectual atheist
  Who Wants to Live Forever? Cinjin 34 4723 June 4, 2014 at 9:51 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  Are we all just part of a computer simulation? Scientists are trying to find that out. TaraJo 40 14945 December 26, 2012 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Whateverist