Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death row inmate "finds Christ" and might be released
Death row inmate "finds Christ" and might be released
Quote:Christians across the country have united in prayer for Kelly Gissendaner, a death row inmate and graduate of Crossroad prison ministry. Charisma News reports that Gissendaner has had her execution postponed twice; faith leaders and Christians are now campaigning to release her from death row permanently.

Gissendaner was convicted of persuading her boyfriend to killer her husband in 1998. While her boyfriend accepted a plea deal and is serving a life sentence, Gissendaner was advised by her counsel not to accept a plea bargain. She was then issued a death sentence.

According to Charisma, Gissendaner attended Crossroad from 2007 to 2010 and became a changed woman, both spiritually and personally. She is known as “Mama Kelly” to many inmates, as she has become a mother figure who encourages good behavior in others.

Gissendaner said, "I have learned firsthand that no one, not even me, is beyond redemption through God's grace and mercy."

Crossroad president Dr. David Schuringa has issued an urgent plea for Christians to pray for Gissendaner’s redemption and safety.

"Please join Crossroad in praying for Kelly, who is a living testament to the transforming power of God's grace. May the Lord work a miracle and find a way to save Kelly's life. And may He bring her, her family and the family of her husband peace,” Schuringa said.

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/c...nmate.html
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Death row inmate "finds Christ" and might be released
And if she'd become a Muslim these same freaks wouldn't be supporting her.

They "find god" often because they hope to get just this sort of reaction from the freaks.
Dying to live, living to die.
the stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me yet they are letting a criminal go because she found "Christ" well then...
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Send a notice to all death row inmates!

Let's hold their feet to the fire!

If I were on death row right now, I'd be Jesus-ing it up right now!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(March 11, 2015 at 6:23 pm)Sionnach Wrote:
Quote:Christians across the country have united in prayer for Kelly Gissendaner, a death row inmate and graduate of Crossroad prison ministry. Charisma News reports that Gissendaner has had her execution postponed twice; faith leaders and Christians are now campaigning to release her from death row permanently.

Gissendaner was convicted of persuading her boyfriend to killer her husband in 1998. While her boyfriend accepted a plea deal and is serving a life sentence, Gissendaner was advised by her counsel not to accept a plea bargain. She was then issued a death sentence.

According to Charisma, Gissendaner attended Crossroad from 2007 to 2010 and became a changed woman, both spiritually and personally. She is known as “Mama Kelly” to many inmates, as she has become a mother figure who encourages good behavior in others.

Gissendaner said, "I have learned firsthand that no one, not even me, is beyond redemption through God's grace and mercy."

Crossroad president Dr. David Schuringa has issued an urgent plea for Christians to pray for Gissendaner’s redemption and safety.

"Please join Crossroad in praying for Kelly, who is a living testament to the transforming power of God's grace. May the Lord work a miracle and find a way to save Kelly's life. And may He bring her, her family and the family of her husband peace,” Schuringa said.

http://www.christianheadlines.com/blog/c...nmate.html

Awww that warms my heart. Society is going the right direction.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
If she can persuade her boyfriend, a bunch of believers is certainly no match. Sometimes I regret not being a Christian hypocrite commanding others to be humble for me.
I'd let Kelly go if she can pass the serpent test.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Pity how none of these feckwits seem to 'find Jesus' before they commit murder.

That being said, the article states that people are trying to get her released from death row (which I'm fine with), not necessarily released from prison.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 11, 2015 at 7:52 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Pity how none of these feckwits seem to 'find Jesus' before they commit murder.

Obviously, Brian, they were all godless atheists with no morals before...
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(March 11, 2015 at 6:41 pm)dyresand Wrote: the stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me yet they are letting a criminal go because she found "Christ" well then...

Don't think they're letting her go...
Quote:faith leaders and Christians are now campaigning to release her from death row permanently.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 50 1693 January 9, 2024 at 4:28 am
Last Post: no one
  Sin and death LinuxGal 35 2168 December 11, 2023 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The power of Christ... zwanzig 60 3988 August 30, 2023 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 7818 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Creating Christ JML 26 3014 September 29, 2022 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  So has Christ returned TheClearCleanStuff 31 3124 May 20, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  CHRIST THE KICKER…… BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1377 January 3, 2022 at 10:00 am
Last Post: brewer
  CHRIST THE KILLER..... ronedee 31 3322 December 26, 2021 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2728 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Consecrated virgins: 'I got married to Christ' zebo-the-fat 11 2001 December 7, 2018 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Angrboda