Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 12:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a server? See Bill
Need a server? See Bill
Thought this was funny. Someone put up a sign near Hillary's NY residence.

Quote:“Used Email Server, Clean Hard Drive, 15 Old House Ln.” It then closes with the instruction to “See Bill.”

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/03/13/n...ome-186337

[Image: server12n-1-web.jpg]
RE: Need a server? See Bill
I'll bet the NSA could still recover the data from that "clean" hard drive, considering they've modified the firmware on many drives out in the wild for just such a purpose.

Gummint vs gummint.
NSA is getting sued so yeah it has all caught up with them.
You know for one they have extensive lists and priority lists full of dangerous people
and even list of possible terrorists yet they use such software and everything else to monitor everyone
and everything. You would fucking wonder if they should use it more on the dangerous people than the people
they are trying keep safe.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(March 16, 2015 at 8:02 pm)dyresand Wrote: You would fucking wonder if they should use it more on the dangerous people than the people
they are trying keep safe.

Oftentimes, the line between the two is broad and blurry.

But your point is well-taken.
(March 13, 2015 at 1:06 pm)JesusHChrist Wrote: I'll bet the NSA could still recover the data from that "clean" hard drive, considering they've modified the firmware on many drives out in the wild for just such a purpose.

Possibly. Your best bet is always going to be complete physical destruction of the platters for spinny disks, and the chips for flash media.

Thermite oughtta do it.

Alternatively, nuke it from orbit.

Full-disk encryption will hinder the process as well, provided they don't apply rubber-hose cryptanalysis.

Personally, if I were truly paranoid, I'd buy new drives, apply a random pattern to every block (several times) before use, use full-disk encryption during use, and when it's time to discard, wipe using DOD-compliant processes, and then utterly destroy the media.

I'm not that paranoid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This commercial pisses me off every time I see it. brewer 12 1357 June 28, 2018 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  POV on Bill Nye brewer 5 1079 April 19, 2018 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Bill Maher - Last Night Minimalist 16 1647 April 9, 2018 at 11:20 am
Last Post: henryp
  Bill Maher - Trump Christmas Carol Minimalist 1 396 November 18, 2017 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Bill Nye Saves the World SteelCurtain 9 2884 May 16, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: mediocrates
  Who else is going to see Rogue One, the next Star Wars movie soon? Whateverist 138 11434 December 24, 2016 at 6:17 am
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  Bill Maher Goes After Apple...and Corporate Crooks... Minimalist 10 1734 September 24, 2016 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: Sterben
  Bill Maher Sticks It Up The Trickle-Downers Asses Minimalist 3 687 July 2, 2016 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Bill Maher lights up a joint on television Aegon 5 1244 February 13, 2016 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Bill Maher Gives It To Phony Xtian Minimalist 15 3294 October 3, 2015 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: vorlon13